- 1850 Colonial Pkwy, Norwalk, IA 50211, USA
Since 1949, Capital City Fruit has been delivering exceptional fresh produce with exceptional customer service. The mission of Capital City Fruit is to source, pack, and deliver exceptional fresh produce When you want it, Where you want it, How you want it. We are a 3rd generation family owned and operated business with professional leadership and a plan to build upon our growth of the last 65 years. Capital City Fruit was named among the 2017 Top Workplaces in Iowa by the Des Moines Register! Learn more about us at http://www.capitalcityfruit.com/.
Production Supervisor will assist the Production Manager in overseeing the produce packing line. The Packing Supervisor will compile orders, create and execute work orders and ensure that produce is ready for shipment and meets customer specs, while managing a team of Production employees.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities (Include the following, other duties may be assigned):
- Supervise Packers to ensure productivity [and all related supervisory duties]
- Ensure packing line runs efficiently
- Participate in process improvements and lean manufacturing events
- Manager performance of team members, coach, redirect and write performance reviews
- Monitor inventory of produce
- Monitor quality control of produce
- Make sure quality meets customer specifications
- Ensure that packing machines are in working order
- Assist packers as necessary, including the following duties:
- Weigh cartons on scale to ensure proper weight of product
- Place cartons on pallets for shipment
- Assist dock workers as necessary
- Operate electric and manual hand jacks (following proper training)
- Unload bulk produce and palletized produce from semi trucks
- Load bulk produce and palletized produce onto trucks
- Ensuring established HACCP procedures are being used
- Must follow Good Manufacturing Practices, Occupational Safety Procedures and all Food Safety guidelines related to the position or being on the Warehouse floor.
Manages Production employees. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience:
- Supervisory Experience - 2 Years (Preferred)
- Education - College Degree (Preferred)
- Ability to communicate bi-lingual in Spanish or Vietnamese (Preferred)
- Willing to learn specific knowledge of physical attributes of produce
- Life and carry weights ranging from 0 to 25 pounds with frequency
- Occasional lifting and carrying of weights ranging from 26 to 75 pounds
- Frequent standing
- Occasional bending, kneeling, crouching and stooping
- Frequent operation of equipment
Wednesday through Saturday, 7:30 AM - 5:00 PM or when done
Anticipated hours per week: 50 (hours are cyclical based on product demand and overtime may be required)
Up to $45,000 based on experience
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.