Capital Asset Trader
- Austin, TX
Capital Asset Exchange is a leading trading and investment company focused on semiconductor capital assets. CAE has 1,400 active clients; greater than $100 million in annual gross revenue, and we directly invest in companies that are related to the semiconductor value chain. We pride ourselves on having built the industry’s first “fair exchange,” and taking the secondary capital market to the next level by offering total transaction transparency, purchase safety & security, and cost-optimization. Currently, our sales volume exceeds our next closest competitor 400 to 1.
As a Capital Asset Trader, you will originate, analyze, and execute arbitrage opportunities in the semiconductor industry. Working within a specialized team, you will leverage CAE’s proprietary data-set, technology, and deep counterparty relationships to develop and complete trades. Capital Asset Traders are given tremendous responsibility: negotiating pricing, contracts, and developing and managing multi-million dollar relationships. Success in this role requires attention to detail, strong analytical skills, sales and marketing skills, and instinctual pattern recognition. We are looking for individuals who are tenacious, resilient, competitive, hard-working, and committed to being part of a cohesive team that services clients exceedingly well. Capital Asset Traders have the opportunity to travel extensively in the U.S., Europe, and Asia to negotiate transactions and build relationships with potential counterparties.
- Develop and maintain relationships with capital asset buyers and sellers
- Originate and qualify assets and requirements
- Analyze and structure arbitrage situations involving different countries, counterparties, and transactional dynamics
- Coordinate downstream process requirements to CAE’s factory and logistics teams
- Participate in developing and maintaining CAE’s informational advantage
- Be a part of the only team in the world of this caliber and size, learning from the best traders in the industry
Compensation and Benefits include:
- Base salary with staggered year 1 increases
- Discretionary monthly bonus program: 10-20% of monthly spread generated, after minimum hurdles. Bonuses are entirely uncapped, but subject to management discretion.
- Excellent medical benefits
- 401K program
- 30,000 sq. ft. of gym, pool, basketball court, and other on-site recreational facilities
- Company cocktail events and annual holiday party
- Half days every Friday
- BS/BA from a leading accredited academic institution
- 2-3 years of relevant sales, trading, or investment banking experience
- Strong track record of success in a fast-paced, results-driven environment
- Demonstrable tenacity, resiliency, fortitude, and competitive spirit
- History of negotiation experience, client management skills, and closing transactions of any kind
- Exceptional communication skills and attention to detail