Inbound Enquiry Centre Advisors
- Belfast, UK
- Employees can work remotely
Discover better with a career at Capita
We’re helping people unlock their value and potential, giving them access to a huge range of unique and diverse opportunities, which offer real career progression.
This is our purpose and it defines our very existence. We provide an inclusive and diverse environment for our people to thrive, develop and realise their true potential. Whoever you are and whatever your background, we want you to be yourself.
Our commitment to finding better solutions for our clients has seen us become one of the UK’s leading providers of consulting, digital services and software.
Our purpose is your purpose and, together, we can drive real change. You’ll have the opportunity to work on, and make meaningful contributions to, a range of exciting and diverse projects. It’s time to discover where you fit in.
We're proud to work with the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) and Department for Communities (DfC) for the provision of the Personal Independence Payment (PIP) Assessment Service.
PIP replaced Disability Living Allowance for working age customers from 16-64. Capita pride themselves on delivering the entire PIP process to the highest standards.
Salary: starting at £18,135 (non-sales environment - working from home, with occasional travel to the Belfast office)
37.5 hrs per week - all IT is provided, taking inbound service calls
The decision to pay all UK Capita employees a minimum of the Real Living Wage is the latest in a series of recent initiatives through which Capita has demonstrated its commitment to purpose-led, responsible business.
We are now looking for Inbound Enquiry Centre Advisors to join our expanding customer service team on a full time, permanent basis in Belfast.
The role involves providing a high quality advice service by telephone to new and existing claimants of Personal Independence Payment (PIP) who are looking to place a new claim for PIP or are already receiving the Disability Living Allowance (DLA) and are at the point of renewing their benefit. Our customer service teams are responsible for resolving both simple and complex issues for a whole range of customers as well as completing back office administrative tasks.
It is anticipated that the Enquiry Centre Advisor will spend 90% of their time carrying out call centre activities and 10% of their time in development activities. These percentages may vary if business or operational priorities change.
You will work 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday, between 8:00 am and 8:00 pm.
- Answering calls from claimants/appointees and dealing with queries such as appointment bookings, in a professional and effective manner, ensuring appropriate management of call lengths and call quality;
- Accurate data inputting with attention to detail for completion of back office administrative tasks;
- Any other duties that may be deemed necessary by the business to ensure successful deliver of the PIP assessment service.
- Good listening skills – able to understand customer problems and give clear and concise explanations;
- The ability to work well within a team and demonstrate flexibility to meet the needs and expectations of the team/business;
- The ability to take ownership of issues, resolving wherever possible at the initial stage of the enquiry;
- Polite and professional telephone manner, showing respect and empathy to callers;
- Genuine enthusiasm for customer service;
- Good time management;
- High attention to detail and accurate data inputting;
- Ability to work a range of shift patterns during contact centre opening hours;
- Be adaptable to change in a constantly shifting environment.
You must be available to start training on12th April 2021
All offers will be subject to satisfactory completion of Baseline Personnel Security Standard vetting, which includes a basic criminality check.
- Starting salary £18,135 - scheduled salary uplifts on completion of service and training to further personal development;
- Discretionary quarterly performance bonus;
- 23 days paid holidays (plus 8 statutory holidays) with the option to purchase additional holidays;
- Contributory pension scheme;
- Life Assurance;
- Opportunities to progress and develop a rewarding career with a FTSE 100 company (over 70% of our managers are home-grown);
- Wide range of voluntary benefits available including childcare vouchers, discounted O2 tariffs, cycle to work scheme, discounted gym memberships, discounted dining card, discounts available across many leading UK retail stores;
- Picturesque, waterside location with Staff Canteen;
- Continuous development and training.
Capita PIP is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome and encourage applications from all applicants. Adaptations are available on request. For further information or to discuss any reasonable adjustments you may need, please contact us on 0300 303 8544.