Internal Audit - Senior Business Assurance Analyst
- Birmingham, UK
With over 70,000 employees and a rich mix of products, services and expertise, Capita are the nation's leading provider of outsourcing and support service solutions.
We're proud to work with the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) and Department for Communites (DfC) for the provision of the Personal Independence Payment (PIP) Assessment Service.
PIP replaced Disability Living Allowance for working age customers from 16-64. Capita pride themselves on delivering the entire PIP process to the highest standards.
The Senior Business Assurance Analyst is a key role within the Business Assurance team. This position is key to overseeing the businesses deployment of controls and providing assurance to Senior Management and our client that the business:
• is compliant with contractual, regulatory and legislative requirements
• has effective systems and processes that manage risks
• is delivering a high-quality service
• has a robust and clearly defined framework of internal controls
The Senior Business Assurance Analyst will oversee a team of four Business Assurance Analysts to deliver a risk based rolling audit programme. The Senior Analyst will provide supervisory support in relation to audit work and conduct their own audit work under the supervision of the Head of Risk Assurance and Compliance. The Business Assurance Team is also responsible for management of Health and Safety, Incident Management, Business Continuity and Resilience planning. The Senior Analyst will be responsible for short- and medium-term prioritisation of work in these areas, ensuring tasks are completed timeously and to a high standard, and will support the Head of Risk Assurance and Compliance and the Business Assurance Director in the achievement of longer-term strategic goals.
The Business Assurance team is required to react to changes in business priority and risk landscape, the Senior Analyst therefore must be comfortable adapting to changing priorities on a regular basis and able to support the team to adapt their work in progress to deliver an effective assurance service.
As the service we deliver covers Wales, the Midlands and Northern Ireland, occasional travel will be required across this area.
• Day to day, weekly and monthly work flow management of a team of four Business Assurance Analysts and two Administrators
• Ensuring delivery of a range of audits, ensuring clear and concise audit reports are produced for the business in a timely manner
• Conducting their own audit work under the direction of the Head of Risk Assurance and Compliance
• Working with Head of Risk Assurance and Compliance to design, develop, implement and review audit tools and techniques
• Oversee internal and external incident reporting
• Execute incident management plans
• Oversee and maintain business continuity processes
• Keeping up to date with policy changes and working with the Head of Risk Assurance and Compliance to develop assurance activity accordingly
• Supporting the Head of Risk Assurance and Compliance with the management of contract specific plans including Equality & Diversity and Sustainability
• Maintaining effective communication with all team members, managers, external clients and stakeholders
• Supporting in the creation and maintenance of key processes within the assurance space, for example Business Continuity, Health and Safety, Incident Management etc.
• Any other duties reasonably expected as requested by line management.
Educated to A-level standard as a minimum or demonstrable relevant work history
Competent in using IT systems including Word, Excel and Outlook
Proven ability to manage projects from beginning to end, and to manage more than one project at once
Excellent analytical skills and understanding of management information
Experience of using data or evidence to draw clear conclusions
Confident communicator, comfortable liaising with staff at all levels within a business
Previous experience of planning and conducting internal audit and assurance activity.
Applicable IIA qualification (e.g. CIA/PIIA) or currently working towards this
Working in an Enterprise Risk Management environment
Knowledge of the principles of Information Security and Governance
Health and Safety experience or qualification (e.g. IOSH, Nebosh)
Intermediate / Advanced level Excel skills
Any experience of using a GRC (Governance, Risk and Control) tool
Working in a clinical and/or Government Services Environment
Incident Management experience.
The Principal BA Analyst will spend approximately 80%-90% of their time completing the tasks outlined above. Because the role is varied, and responds to changing business need and risks, the percentages below for individual aspects should be considered indicative only (and in combination will equate to 80-90% of the role). The remaining 10%-20% will be directed towards management of or root cause analysis of emerging issues and supporting the business with the control and remedy of any risks that crystallise. These percentages are subject to business or operational need and priority, and the post-holder will be expected to comply with reasonable management requests in relation to work and priorities.
Capita PIP is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome and encourage applications from all applicants. Adaptations are available on request. For further information or to discuss any reasonable adjustments you may need, please contact us on 0300 303 8544.