Data & Insights Manager (Fixed Term - 9 months)
- Birmingham, UK
We are Capita – the nation's leading provider of outsourcing and support service solutions. We carry out Personal Independent Payment assessments on behalf of the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) across the Midlands and in Wales and on behalf of the Department for Communities (DfC) in Northern Ireland. We are looking for skilled and emotionally intelligent people to join us as we grow.
Salary: Up to £55k (pro rata) Based at Fort Dunlop, Birmingham (with travel)
The Data & Insights Manager will be responsible for proactively supporting the successful delivery of both operational and contractual Management Information (MI) requirements to ensure Capita PIP meets its business objectives.
The Data & Insights Manager will manage and motivate a team of MI analysts, aiming to maximise operational effectiveness service levels by ensuring that policies, procedures and documentation are professionally and efficiently administered.
The Data & Insights Manager will set objectives and performance targets, complete internal checks for adherence to processes and procedures, and plan appropriate workloads. Working in conjunction with the other managers, the Data & Insights Manager will develop all individuals’ skills to their full potential whilst driving the highest possible standards of accuracy & quality.
The Data & Insights Manager will also ensure that all individuals within their team are fully aware of the businesses aims and objectives, providing relevant and timely updates where appropriate on all aspects of business/market change.
• Focus on business objectives and have a full understanding of how the production of insightful data can assist in the achievement of internal and external service levels in order to eliminate financial penalties, improve customer satisfaction and reduce customer complaints / escalations.
• Supported by Capita policies and local initiatives, be responsible for human-resource-related management and decision-making including the development of direct reports through personal accountability and effective performance management by use of, but not limited to, objective setting, 1-2-1 meetings and appraisals, recruitment and selection, coaching, absence and disciplinary management.
• Be proactively responsible for staff motivation and develop and maintain a team ethos as well as minimising staff absence and attrition.
• Ensure all defined processes and reporting requirements are followed personally and by their team members.
• Through effective stakeholder management understand the business requirements and manage the team to deliver on these.
• Actively participate in the escalation process, without being prompted, by identifying operational risks and issues which may impact on the service being delivered.
• Be available as a decision-maker in the escalation process.
• Support the Support Services Director in managing the impact of all internal and customer-driven change and initiatives, ensuring that system and process change is understood and that the impact on resource levels is planned.
• Maintain strong communication links with, and provide assistance to internal & external stakeholders.
• As directed by the Support Services Director or any other member of SMT, complete any other duties that may be deemed necessary by the business to ensure successful delivery of the PIP assessment service.
• You will have an understanding of the operational expectations of a Management Information team
• Some knowledge of the capability of MI reporting tools such as MS SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), MS SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), MS Office (Excel, PowerPivot, PowerBI) and Qlikview
• Experience of managing a team in front line customer service or clinical environments.
• Experience with managing HR processes.
• Demonstrable planning, leadership, motivational and organisational skills.
• Ability to work in a high pressure environment, managing detailed operational deliverables, meeting targets and business plans.
• The ability to present technical and complex information
• Proven track record of building and developing teams.
• Ability to develop and deliver presentations to direct reports and stakeholders.
• Strong analytical skills – familiar with MS Office, particularly Excel/Word and PowerPoint.
• Experience of managing a team of MI analysts.
It is anticipated that the Data & Insights Manager will spend 60% of their time managing performance of their team/direct reports and 40% completing other duties such as project activities or data analysis. These percentages may vary if business or operational priorities change.
Capita PIP is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome and encourage applications from all applicants. Adaptations are available on request. For further information or to discuss any reasonable adjustments you may need, please contact us on 0300 303 8544.