Software Developer (DevOps)
- Columbus, OH, USA
- Employees can work remotely
CapTech is a team of master builders, creators, and problem solvers who help clients grow efficient, successful businesses. We unite diverse skills and perspectives to transform how data, systems, and ingenuity enable each client to advance what’s possible in a changing world.
As perceptive partners, our U.S-based consultants find inspiration in the unknown and enjoy getting our hands dirty solving our clients’ myriad of challenges. Across industries and business goals, we fuse technical depth and analytical prowess with creative savvy to move clients forward. This drive helps each organization use technology, management, and insight to turn ideas into action. Together, we create outcomes that exceed the expected — which is one of the reasons we’ve been on the Inc. 500/5000 list for over a decade.
As a Software Developer (DevOps) you will work within the engineering team to drive the way we deploy, verify, and monitor applications and services. In addition to hands-on systems engineering, you will work with all stakeholders to help define DevOps processes and shape the development culture. You will assist in the ongoing improvement of continuous integration tools, environment provisioning, and development workflows. You will ensure that we have appropriate levels of monitoring and alerting set up for all our applications across our mix of physical servers, private and public cloud.
Specific responsibilities as Software Developer (DevOps) include:
- Build strong relationships across development and operations teams to understand the code, its dependencies, and the infrastructure on which it runs.
- Build and maintain systems that will monitor all aspects of the application and the infrastructure.
- Lead the definition of the team’s strategy for SDLC automation, configuration management, and release management.
- Be the team expert in deployment strategy (CI/CD) and automation.
- Contribute to software development as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must be very comfortable working with both developers and system administrators
- Experience with source code management tools such as Subversion and Git
- Proficiency with at least one modern programming language Python, Go, Node.js.etc
- Proficiency in cross-platform scripting languages and build tools (ANT, Artifactory, Groovy, Maven, MSBuild, Nexus, NuGet)
- Experience deploying and administering Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins, TFS, TeamCity, or Bamboo
- Experience creating infrastructure automation solutions with tools such as Terraform, CloudFormation, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc.
- Experience and understanding of Agile development.
- Experience troubleshooting distributed systems.
- Must be located in one of the following states: Arizona, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington, Washington, DC, Wisconsin.
- Experience as hands-on Application Software Developer
- Experience with automated testing solutions for unit testing, integration testing, and system testing
- Understanding of strategies for providing high availability and security
- Understanding of deployment strategies using container orchestration tools such as Kubernetes, Amazon ECS, etc.
- Experience with XaaS like Amazon Web Services, Azure, OpenShift
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Must be self-directed and thrive in a fast-paced and collaborative culture
We provide challenging and impactful opportunities in our client work and internal teams, while keeping individual interests in mind. We want everyone at CapTech to be able to envision a lifelong career here, which is why we offer a variety of career paths based on your skills and passions. As a CapTecher, you will experience exciting and rewarding roles that help you grow and make a difference, while having fun along the way.
At CapTech we offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to:
- Competitive salary with performance-based bonus opportunities
- Three comprehensive Medical Plan options (PPO and HDHP), as well as Dental and Vision coverage
- Company paid basic Life and AD&D, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Matching 401(k)
- Cell Phone stipend
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Paid Birth and Family Bonding Leave
- Adoption Assistance
- Training and Certification opportunities eligible for expense reimbursement
- Team building and social activities
- Mentor program to help you develop your career
CapTech is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a culture of equality, inclusion and fairness — each foundational to our core values. We strive to create a diverse environment where each employee is encouraged to bring their unique ideas, backgrounds and experiences to the workplace. For more information about our diversity, Inclusion and belonging efforts, click HERE.
At this time, CapTech cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be authorized to work directly for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer directly (we are not open to contract or “corp to corp” agreements).
- CapTech is a Drug-Free workplace.
- Candidates must have the ability to work at CapTech’s client locations.
- Some positions may require travel.
- CapTech has not contracted/does not contract with any outside vendors in its recruitment process. If you are interested in this position, please apply to CapTech directly.