Data Engineer - Cloud
- Chicago, IL, USA
CapTech is a team of master builders, creators, and problem solvers who help clients grow efficient, successful businesses. We unite diverse skills and perspectives to transform how data, systems, and ingenuity enable each client to advance what’s possible in a changing world.
As perceptive partners, our U.S-based consultants find inspiration in the unknown and enjoy getting our hands dirty solving our clients’ myriad of challenges. Across industries and business goals, we fuse technical depth and analytical prowess with creative savvy to move clients forward. This drive helps each organization use technology, management, and insight to turn ideas into action. Together, we create outcomes that exceed the expected — which is one of the reasons we’ve been on the Inc. 500/5000 list for over a decade.
CapTech Data Engineering consultants enable clients to build and maintain advanced data systems that bring together data from disparate sources in order to enable decision-makers. We build pipelines and prepare data for use by data scientists, data analysts, and other data systems. We love solving problems and providing creative solutions for our clients. Cloud Data Engineers leverage the client’s cloud infrastructure to deliver this value today and to scale for the future. We enjoy a collaborative environment and have many opportunities to learn from and share knowledge with other developers, architects, and our clients.
Specific responsibilities for the Data Engineer – Cloud position include:
- Developing data pipelines and other data products using Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Advising clients on specific technologies and methodologies for utilizing cloud resources to efficiently ingest and process data quickly
- Utilizing your skills in engineering best practices to solve complex data problems
- Collaborating with end users, development staff, and business analysts to ensure that prospective data architecture plans maximize the value of client data across the organization.
- Articulating architectural differences between solution methods and the advantages/disadvantages of each
Typical experience for successful candidates includes:
- Experience delivering solutions on a major cloud platform
- Ability to think strategically and relate architectural decisions/recommendations to business needs and client culture
- Experience in the design and implementation of data architecture solutions
- A wide range of production database experience, usually including substantial SQL expertise, database administration, and scripting data pipelines
- Ability to assess and utilize traditional and modern architectural components required based on business needs.
- A demonstrable ability to deliver production data pipelines and other data products. This could be hands on experience, degree, certification, bootcamp, or other learning.
Successful candidates usually have demonstrable experience with technologies in some of these categories:
- Languages: SQL, Python, Java, R, C# / C++ / C
- Database: SQL Server, PostgreSQL, Snowflake, Redshift, Aurora, Presto, BigQuery, Oracle
- DevOps: git, docker, subversion, Kubernetes, Jenkins
- Additional Technologies: Spark, Databricks, Kafka, Kinesis, Hadoop, Lambda, EMR
- Popular Certifications: AWS Cloud Practitioner, Microsoft Azure Data Fundamentals, Google Associate Cloud Engineer
We provide challenging and impactful opportunities in our client work and internal teams, while keeping individual interests in mind. We want everyone at CapTech to be able to envision a lifelong career here, which is why we offer a variety of career paths based on your skills and passions. As a CapTecher, you will experience exciting and rewarding roles that help you grow and make a difference, while having fun along the way.
At CapTech we offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to:
- Competitive salary with performance-based bonus opportunities
- Three comprehensive Medical Plan options (PPO and HDHP), as well as Dental and Vision coverage
- Company paid basic Life and AD&D, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Matching 401(k)
- Cell Phone stipend
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Paid Birth and Family Bonding Leave
- Adoption Assistance
- Training and Certification opportunities eligible for expense reimbursement
- Team building and social activities
- Mentor program to help you develop your career
CapTech is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a culture of equality, inclusion and fairness — each foundational to our core values. We strive to create a diverse environment where each employee is encouraged to bring their unique ideas, backgrounds and experiences to the workplace. For more information about our diversity, Inclusion and belonging efforts, click HERE.
At this time, CapTech cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be authorized to work directly for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer directly (we are not open to contract or “corp to corp” agreements).
- CapTech is a Drug-Free work place.
- Candidates must have the ability to work at CapTech’s client locations.
- Some positions may require travel.
- CapTech has not contracted/does not contract with any outside vendors in its recruitment process. If you are interested in this position, please apply to CapTech directly.