- Philadelphia, PA, USA
CapTech is a team of master builders, creators, and problem solvers who help clients grow efficient, successful businesses. We unite diverse skills and perspectives to transform how data, systems, and ingenuity enable each client to advance what’s possible in a changing world.
As perceptive partners, our U.S-based consultants find inspiration in the unknown and enjoy getting our hands dirty solving our clients’ myriad of challenges. Across industries and business goals, we fuse technical depth and analytical prowess with creative savvy to move clients forward. This drive helps each organization use technology, management, and insight to turn ideas into action. Together, we create outcomes that exceed the expected — which is one of the reasons we’ve been on the Inc. 500/5000 list for over a decade.
CapTech Data Architects match our clients’ business goals with available technologies when developing a strategy for a successful data delivery implementation. We improve our clients’ business value by enhancing data use, improving effectiveness of information stewardship, and streamlining data flows. After gaining in-depth understanding of our client’s business challenges, our architects apply experience-based insight and use state-of-the-art tools and techniques to identify the best solutions. We view our Data Architects as thought leaders in the data space. We task them with growing CapTech talent and expanding data and analytics delivery capabilities.
Specific responsibilities for the Data Architect position include:
- Assessing and advocating data management technologies and practices eliminating gaps between the current state and a well-targeted future state
- Interpreting and delivering impactful strategic plans improving data integration, data quality, and data delivery in support of business initiatives and roadmaps
- Formulating and articulating architectural trade-offs across solution options before recommending an optimal solution ensuring technical requirements are met
- Motivating and developing staff through teaching, empowering, and influencing technical and consulting “soft” skills
- Collaborating with client stakeholders and development staff to ensure data architecture recommendations maximize the value of client data across the organization
- Driving innovative technology solutions through thought leadership on emerging trends
- Sharing project solutions and outcomes with colleagues to improve delivery on future projects
- Partnering with CapTech business development team to demonstrate CapTech’s technical capabilities, envision a proposed solution CapTech can offer, and estimate proposed work plans.
Typical experience for successful candidates includes:
- 5+ years of experience implementing with a variety of on-premises and cloud data management, integration, visualization, and analytical technologies
- Experience in the design and implementation of modern data architectures and concepts such as cloud services (e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP), real-time data distribution (e.g., Kafka, Kinesis, DataFlow), NoSQL (e.g., MongoDB, DynamoDB, HBase), and data governance
- Ability to think strategically and relate architectural decisions and recommendations to business needs and client culture
- Ability to assess traditional and modern data architectural components based on business needs
We provide challenging and impactful opportunities in our client work and internal teams, while keeping individual interests in mind. We want everyone at CapTech to be able to envision a lifelong career here, which is why we offer a variety of career paths based on your skills and passions. As a CapTecher, you will experience exciting and rewarding roles that help you grow and make a difference, while having fun along the way.
At CapTech we offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to:
- Competitive salary with performance-based bonus opportunities
- Three comprehensive Medical Plan options (PPO and HDHP), as well as Dental and Vision coverage
- Company paid basic Life and AD&D, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Matching 401(k)
- Cell Phone stipend
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Paid Birth and Family Bonding Leave
- Adoption Assistance
- Training and Certification opportunities eligible for expense reimbursement
- Team building and social activities
- Mentor program to help you develop your career
CapTech is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a culture of equality, inclusion and fairness — each foundational to our core values. We strive to create a diverse environment where each employee is encouraged to bring their unique ideas, backgrounds and experiences to the workplace. For more information about our diversity, Inclusion and belonging efforts, click HERE.
At this time, CapTech cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be authorized to work directly for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer directly (we are not open to contract or “corp to corp” agreements).
- CapTech is a Drug-Free work place.
- Candidates must have the ability to work at CapTech’s client locations.
- Some positions may require travel.
- CapTech has not contracted/does not contract with any outside vendors in its recruitment process. If you are interested in this position, please apply to CapTech directly.