Enterprise Architect - Microsoft
- Philadelphia, PA, USA
CapTech is a team of master builders, creators, and problem solvers who help clients grow efficient, successful businesses. We unite diverse skills and perspectives to transform how data, systems, and ingenuity enable each client to advance what’s possible in a changing world.
As perceptive partners, our U.S-based consultants find inspiration in the unknown and enjoy getting our hands dirty solving our clients’ myriad of challenges. Across industries and business goals, we fuse technical depth and analytical prowess with creative savvy to move clients forward. This drive helps each organization use technology, management, and insight to turn ideas into action. Together, we create outcomes that exceed the expected — which is one of the reasons we’ve been on the Inc. 500/5000 list for over a decade.
Architects at CapTech are called upon to perform various responsibilities within CapTech’s Systems Integration practice area, usually in the context of a technology assessment, strategy formation, or a development project performed for a particular client. They often lead a team of developers and collaborate with experienced project managers, analysts, designers, and clients to architect and deliver vital internal and customer facing systems in partnership with a variety of Fortune 500 clients. Typically our Microsoft Architects have a broad understanding of many tools, technologies, and products, with some specialization in a few areas. Over time, these specialties may change due to industry transformation or a changing client profile, and as such, our architects have the opportunity to get hands-on experience with the latest technologies while working with passionate CapTechers solving complex problems across numerous industries.
Specific responsibilities for the Microsoft Architect position include:
- Oversee the technical decisions that must be made, work with client staff charged with architecture standards, and ensure quality of final results
- Perform productively at many levels, from the abstract world of enterprise architecture to the concrete day-to-day world of coding, in order to produce the final deliverable desired by the client
- Design, implement, integrate and support Microsoft platform solutions
- Create documents that specify strategy, assessment, or design in a way that delivers obvious value to the client and is understandable by any stakeholder
- Work closely with clients, subject matter experts and the CapTech team to understand requirements, establish priorities and project scope, and manage expectations and project delivery
- Articulate architectural differences between solution methods and the challenges and approaches to integrating solutions built on different platforms including a working knowledge of different architectural frameworks that may be used by our clients
- Define the technical and solution architecture for phased software development delivery
- Provide hands-on technical direction to other developers to review code and resolve issues
- Apply detailed knowledge of organizational procedures to make independent decisions and serve as a credible resource for the client’s senior management team
- Collaborate with CapTech business development team members during sales efforts to demonstrate CapTech’s technical capabilities, create a vision for a solution that CapTech can build, and create estimates and work plans
- Demonstrated Microsoft development experience over 5+ years with a broad range of development tools and technologies across the full project lifecycle:
- Expert in current software design practices including: object-oriented design, service-oriented architecture (SOA), Web Services (SOAP/XML), REST, model-view-controller (MVC)
- Familiarity with modern architectural trends
- Deep experience with Application Lifecycle Management practices such as unit testing, branching & merging, build automation, and continuous delivery cycles
- Experience with SDLC methodologies such as Waterfall, Scrum, XP, Kanban, and SAFe, and understanding of the various aspects applicable to managing a project
- Ability to think strategically and relate architectural decisions/recommendations to business needs and client culture
- Ability to discuss/debate architectural issues without rancor or personal investment.
- Ability to seamlessly modify communication based on the technical level of the target audience
- Desire to work in a team environment across organization functional boundaries
- Specific technical skills and/or the ability to learn and develop over time:
- Knowledge of how to assess the performance of software systems, how to diagnose performance problems, and tools used to monitor and tune performance
- Experience with Sitecore, Salesforce CRM, SharePoint or Azure is a plus
Must be located in one of the following states: Arizona, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington, Washington, DC, Wisconsin.
We provide challenging and impactful opportunities in our client work and internal teams, while keeping individual interests in mind. We want everyone at CapTech to be able to envision a lifelong career here, which is why we offer a variety of career paths based on your skills and passions. As a CapTecher, you will experience exciting and rewarding roles that help you grow and make a difference, while having fun along the way.
At CapTech we offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to:
Competitive salary with performance-based bonus opportunities
Three comprehensive Medical Plan options (PPO and HDHP), as well as Dental and Vision coverage
Company paid basic Life and AD&D, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
Cell Phone stipend
Competitive Paid Time Off
Paid Birth and Family Bonding Leave
Training and Certification opportunities eligible for expense reimbursement
Team building and social activities
Mentor program to help you develop your career
CapTech is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a culture of equality, inclusion and fairness — each foundational to our core values. We strive to create a diverse environment where each employee is encouraged to bring their unique ideas, backgrounds and experiences to the workplace. For more information about our diversity, Inclusion and belonging efforts, click HERE.
At this time, CapTech cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be authorized to work directly for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer directly (we are not open to contract or “corp to corp” agreements).
CapTech is a Drug-Free work place.
Candidates must have the ability to work at CapTech’s client locations.
Some positions may require travel.
CapTech has not contracted/does not contract with any outside vendors in its recruitment process. If you are interested in this position, please apply to CapTech directly.