- Richmond, VA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
CapTech is a team of master builders, creators, and problem solvers who help clients grow efficient, successful businesses. We unite diverse skills and perspectives to transform how data, systems, and ingenuity enable each client to advance what’s possible in a changing world.
As perceptive partners, our U.S-based consultants find inspiration in the unknown and enjoy getting our hands dirty solving our clients’ myriad of challenges. Across industries and business goals, we fuse technical depth and analytical prowess with creative savvy to move clients forward. This drive helps each organization use technology, management, and insight to turn ideas into action. Together, we create outcomes that exceed the expected — which is one of the reasons we’ve been on the Inc. 500/5000 list for over a decade.
CapTech’s Accountant will have functional responsibilities that support tax and compliance reporting, month end close, financial statement reporting, account reconciliations, and financial audits.
- Support tax reporting and compliance activities at the direction of the Accounting Manager
- Prepare contract and diversified supplier reports
- Assist Accounting Manager to ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, and year-end close
- Analyze data to execute appropriate journal entries and accruals
- Perform monthly balance sheet variance analysis for review and approval
- Complete asset and liability reconciliations as required
- Gather audit documentation and responses at the direction of the Accounting Manager
- Ensure compliance with the financial procedures of the organization
- Other duties and projects as assigned
Skills and Experience Needed:
- 2+ years of relevant work experience in finance and accounting roles including general ledger, monthly closing activity, financial reporting, internal controls, and financial operations
- Autonomous, accountable, and self-sufficient
- Excellent judgment and ability to analyze evidence to make recommendations
- Expert level Excel skills
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- CPA or master’s degree a plus, but not required
- Experience in public accounting
- Expertise in accounting systems
- Expertise in financial controls and compliance
We provide challenging and impactful opportunities in our client work and internal teams, while keeping individual interests in mind. We want everyone at CapTech to be able to envision a lifelong career here, which is why we offer a variety of career paths based on your skills and passions. As a CapTecher, you will experience exciting and rewarding roles that help you grow and make a difference, while having fun along the way.
At CapTech we offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to:
- Competitive salary with performance-based bonus opportunities
- Three comprehensive Medical Plan options (PPO and HDHP), as well as Dental and Vision coverage
- Company paid basic Life and AD&D, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Matching 401(k)
- Cell Phone stipend
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Paid Birth and Family Bonding Leave
- Adoption Assistance
- Training and Certification opportunities eligible for expense reimbursement
- Team building and social activities
- Mentor program to help you develop your career
CapTech is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a culture of equality, inclusion and fairness — each foundational to our core values. We strive to create a diverse environment where each employee is encouraged to bring their unique ideas, backgrounds and experiences to the workplace. For more information about our diversity, Inclusion and belonging efforts, click HERE.
At this time, CapTech cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be authorized to work directly for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer directly (we are not open to contract or “corp to corp” agreements).
- CapTech is a Drug-Free work place.
- Candidates must have the ability to work at CapTech’s client locations.
- Some positions may require travel.
- CapTech has not contracted/does not contract with any outside vendors in its recruitment process. If you are interested in this position, please apply to CapTech directly.