Technical Product Owner
- Columbus, OH, USA
CapTech is a team of master builders, creators, and problem solvers who help clients grow efficient, successful businesses. We unite diverse skills and perspectives to transform how data, systems, and ingenuity enable each client to advance what’s possible in a changing world.
As perceptive partners, our U.S-based consultants find inspiration in the unknown and enjoy getting our hands dirty solving our clients’ myriad of challenges. Across industries and business goals, we fuse technical depth and analytical prowess with creative savvy to move clients forward. This drive helps each organization use technology, management, and insight to turn ideas into action. Together, we create outcomes that exceed the expected — which is one of the reasons we’ve been on the Inc. 500/5000 list for over a decade.
CapTech Is seeking a Technical Product Owner with extensive Workday experience to lead and manage our Enterprise Systems team. The Technical Product Owner role is a hands-on, technically inclined, subject matter expert role, leading a cross-functional team to understand customer needs, gather requirements, and lead the overall process from design to production.
In this role, you will work closely with cross-functional partners including Human Resources, Finance, Sales, Staffing, and business line product managers to develop and execute features that will drive satisfaction and product adoption. As the leader of the CapTech Enterprise Systems team, you will be the product owner of Workday, Salesforce, and SmartRecruiters.
Successful candidates will have the ability to proactively seek ways to simplify user needs by translating business requirements into functional design to meet the needs of customers while developing the Enterprise Systems team to design and build technical product solutions. They will be the voice of the product management team, collaborating with Internal Stakeholders, to ensure that the product they intend to build, gets delivered.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Build the strategy and roadmap to deliver on the business goals for Workday, Salesforce and SmartRecruiters.
- Manage a team of 2 System Administrators and 1 Developer.
- Driving the execution of Workday configuration and Reporting.
- Ability to prioritize features and defects and work closely with your team to manage remediation and the release process.
- Identify and build innovative solutions in Workday to solve business needs.
- Become the Voice of the Customer during product design sessions.
- Drive product requirements and development for features that drive adoption and engagement.
- Analyze data to establish, monitor, and measure success metrics.
- Communicate effectively and work well with complex multi-disciplinary teams; work collaboratively across all functions of the organization to ensure successful product development and launch.
- Additional duties as required and assigned by management.
- This position has supervisory responsibilities. It will oversee a team of system administrators and developers in a remote environment.
- This role may require up to 5% travel
- 4+ years of Workday configuration and application management experience.
- Strong ability to research, summarize, and prioritize customer business requirements.
- Experience writing detailed software functional design documents.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to work independently and effectively in a results-oriented, efficient environment.
- Experience leading effective, productive meetings, and facilitating complex discussions that drive clarity.
- Highly self-motivated and works well in unstructured environments, always looking to take on work, and gets great pleasure from helping others understand, coordinate, and address their challenges.
- Organized and can lead multiple projects in a large, complex organization.
- A fast learner who is detail-oriented, decisive, and enjoys fast-paced work environments.
- Flexible, reliable, outgoing and has a positive work attitude.
- Proactively anticipates problems, resolves ambiguity, and take decisive action.
- Comfort working in a fast-paced, innovative, entrepreneurial environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including comfort with communication with senior leadership.
- Ability to think analytically and problem solve
- Ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced team including highly technical areas.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, MIS or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2+ years of using and administering Salesforce.
- 2+ years of Workday Financials experience.
- Experience with Workday Integrations (Enterprise Interface Builder, Core Connector, and Studio).
- Demonstrated experience of Workday Security administration.
- 5+ years of work experience in product management, business analysis, or application management.
- Experience leading remote teams.
- Experience working in a consulting organization and understands working with clients and participating in customer-facing situations.
We provide challenging and impactful opportunities in our client work and internal teams, while keeping individual interests in mind. We want everyone at CapTech to be able to envision a lifelong career here, which is why we offer a variety of career paths based on your skills and passions. As a CapTecher, you will experience exciting and rewarding roles that help you grow and make a difference, while having fun along the way.
At CapTech we offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to:
- Competitive salary with performance-based bonus opportunities
- Three comprehensive Medical Plan options (PPO and HDHP), as well as Dental and Vision coverage
- Company paid basic Life and AD&D, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Matching 401(k)
- Cell Phone stipend
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Paid Birth and Family Bonding Leave
- Adoption Assistance
- Training and Certification opportunities eligible for expense reimbursement
- Team building and social activities
- Mentor program to help you develop your career
CapTech is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a culture of equality, inclusion and fairness — each foundational to our core values. We strive to create a diverse environment where each employee is encouraged to bring their unique ideas, backgrounds and experiences to the workplace. For more information about our diversity, Inclusion and belonging efforts, click HERE.
At this time, CapTech cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be authorized to work directly for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer directly (we are not open to contract or “corp to corp” agreements).
- CapTech is a Drug-Free workplace.
- Candidates must have the ability to work at CapTech’s client locations.
- Some positions may require travel.
- CapTech has not contracted/does not contract with any outside vendors in its recruitment process. If you are interested in this position, please apply to CapTech directly.