- Charlotte, NC, USA
CapTech is a team of master builders, creators, and problem solvers who help clients grow efficient, successful businesses. We unite diverse skills and perspectives to transform how data, systems, and ingenuity enable each client to advance what’s possible in a changing world.
As perceptive partners, our U.S-based consultants find inspiration in the unknown and enjoy getting our hands dirty solving our clients’ myriad of challenges. Across industries and business goals, we fuse technical depth and analytical prowess with creative savvy to move clients forward. This drive helps each organization use technology, management, and insight to turn ideas into action. Together, we create outcomes that exceed the expected — which is one of the reasons we’ve been on the Inc. 500/5000 list for over a decade.
CapTech’s Customer Experience (CX) team seeks a talented, part-time hourly copywriter with strong editing skills and the ability to create on-time, on-target copy for web, mobile, and digital interfaces.
This could be the right opportunity for you if:
· You possess fundamental copywriting and copyediting skills, including UX copy best practices and for writing for digital platforms, various types of content, and writing for internal and/or target audiences
· You understand content marketing principles, including brand tone and voice
· While following the tone and voice of client brands, you also drive innovation, taking that brand voice to new platforms and applications
· You understand fundamental technical considerations related to delivering dev-ready assets
· You are a self-starter, yet able to take feedback from clients and direction from Content Managers and Creative Directors, all while collaborating closely with project teams
· You are detail-driven with the ability to support and deliver work at the highest quality standards on or ahead of deadline
Responsibilities may include:
· CX project creative, content, research, and support, which may also include both internal and client branding, marketing, and content writing
· Collaborating in project teams by participating in design and UX activities and supporting the development of various deliverables
· Solid portfolio, showcasing excellent web, mobile, and digital interface copy for projects for which you served as copywriter
· Passion for writing concise, actionable, and universally understood headlines, subheads, body copy, and calls to action that engage and motivate people
· Advanced proficiency with content creation tools like Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
· Ability to collaborate with visual designers on typography, color, and layout
· Proven ability to communicate concepts and solutions clearly and to present them in tandem with visual designs, using sketches, wireframes, storyboards, and high-fidelity mockups
· Interest in seeking coaching and mentoring from colleagues with advanced content writing and UX expertise
· Flexibility to attend key CX meetings and trainings
· Flexibility when working through copy revisions, from initial brainstorming to execution and refinement
· Robust prioritization skills for meeting deadlines and collaborative work
· Experience editing and/or proofing quickly and within tight deadlines
· 1–2+ years of professional experience
· 4-year+ degree, B.A. in English, Communications, Journalism, or other similar field of study
Preferred but not required:
· Experience in a consulting or digital agency context
· Experience writing or editing copy within InVision, Adobe Acrobat, and GatherContent
Please include a link to your online portfolio with your application in order to be considered.
We offer challenging and impactful jobs with professional career paths. All CapTechers can keep their hands on technology no matter what position they hold. Our employees find their work exciting and rewarding in a culture filled with opportunities to have fun along the way.
At CapTech we offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to:
- Competitive salary with performance based bonus opportunities
- Single and Family Health Insurance plans, including Dental coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term disability
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Training and Certification opportunities eligible for expense reimbursement
- Team building and social activities
- Mentor program to help you develop your career
At this time, CapTech cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be authorized to work directly for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer directly (we are not open to contract or “corp to corp” agreements).
CapTech is an equal opportunity employer.
CapTech is a Drug-Free work place.
Candidates must have the ability to work at CapTech’s client locations.
All positions include the possibility of travel.
CapTech has not contracted/does not contract with any outside vendors in its recruitment process. If you are interested in this position, please apply to CapTech directly.