Technical Business Systems Analyst
- Chicago, IL, USA
CapTech is a team of master builders, creators, and problem solvers who help clients grow efficient, successful businesses. We unite diverse skills and perspectives to transform how data, systems, and ingenuity enable each client to advance what’s possible in a changing world.
As perceptive partners, our U.S-based consultants find inspiration in the unknown and enjoy getting our hands dirty solving our clients’ myriad of challenges. Across industries and business goals, we fuse technical depth and analytical prowess with creative savvy to move clients forward. This drive helps each organization use technology, management, and insight to turn ideas into action. Together, we create outcomes that exceed the expected — which is one of the reasons we’ve been on the Inc. 500/5000 list for over a decade.
Business System Analysts (BSA) at CapTech work side-by-side with key business and technical stakeholders to elicit solution requirements, drive the solution design, and ensure the finished product meets the needs of the business. Our BSAs work on a variety of projects from mobile and content management systems, to large integration and modernization efforts spanning multiple lines of business. BSAs at CapTech bridge the gap between business and technology to ensure solutions provide the value the business needs as well as being scalable and maintainable to support the ever-changing needs of the organization. CapTech BSAs are called upon to provide leadership through experience and help shape the strategy of our clients.
Specific responsibilities for the Business System Analyst position include:
- Quickly become familiar with client business challenges and technologies in order to act as a SME and trusted advisor to client stakeholders.
- Act as key player in a team environment through all phases of the system delivery lifecycle.
- Assist the technical team in solution design including data modeling, interface design, and state transition definition.
- Analyze data to understand the current state data structures and quality and how the data might impact the business objectives of the client.
- Provide connection between technical and business views to ensure that high quality and impactful solutions are delivered for our clients.
- Evaluate the current state of an organization and work with the client to define the desired future state
- Perform gap analysis to identify capability gaps within the organization and propose and evaluate alternative solutions that will fulfill the business needs.
- Coordinate integration and user acceptance testing activities.
- Work with client stakeholders to understand high level business needs and elicit detailed requirements using various methods.
Specific qualifications for the Business System Analyst position include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, MIS or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated progression and growth as a Business Systems Analyst through past career experiences with a minimum of 3 years of experience on IT-related projects.
- Familiarity with multi-system integration and common issues that can arise when integrating enterprise technologies.
- Experience creating sequence, data flow, and process flow diagrams that visualize the future state.
- Awareness of object-oriented development practices and the ability to define objects within an organization and individual processes.
- Understanding of modern IT architecture solutions (Cloud, APIs, etc.).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills leveraged to interface with senior business leadership and technical resources.
- Ability to write and perform basic SQL queries required.
- Software development work or education experience preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite as well as agile project management software (e.g. JIRA).
- Prior consulting experience preferred.
We offer challenging and impactful jobs with professional career paths. All CapTechers can keep their hands-on technology no matter what position they hold. Our employees find their work exciting and rewarding in a culture filled with opportunities to have fun along the way.
At CapTech we offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to:
- Competitive salary with performance-based bonus opportunities
- Single and Family Health Insurance plans, including Dental coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term disability
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Training and Certification opportunities eligible for expense reimbursement
- Team building and social activities
- Mentor program to help you develop your career
CapTech is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a culture of equality, inclusion and fairness — each foundational to our core values. We strive to create a diverse environment where each employee is encouraged to bring their unique ideas, backgrounds and experiences to the workplace.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer directly (we are not open to contract or “corp to corp” agreements). At this time, CapTech cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be authorized to work directly for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
CapTech is a Drug-Free work place.
Candidates must have the ability to work at CapTech’s client locations.
All positions include the possibility of travel.
CapTech has not contracted/does not contract with any outside vendors in its recruitment process. If you are interested in this position, please apply to CapTech directly.