User Experience (UX) Architect
- Columbus, OH, USA
CapTech is an award-winning national management technology-consulting firm with an enterprising, entrepreneurial environment. We have achieved three straight years ranked in the Top 10 of Consulting Magazine’s Best Firms to Work For, including #1 rankings in Employee Development and Meeting our Clients' Needs in 2014. Additionally, we made our debut in the Vault rankings placing #28 within the Vault Consulting 50 and #10 in Vault's Best Boutique Consulting Firm.
At CapTech you’ll experience a flat organizational structure with access to constant learning -- where your career path isn’t set in stone, and you have unlimited potential for growth. CapTech is based upon a culture of mutual respect. We look for, and hire the best. The creatively innovative, the technically insightful, the driven, the self-managed, the value conscious, the caring, and the gracious person – these are all qualities that we look for along with a love and a passion for the work that we do.
CapTech’s Customer Experience (CX) team seeks a UX Architect with a passion for user experience and who is always ahead of the curve with new thinking and techniques. As a UX Architect, you will be responsible for creating compelling, user-vetted, and innovative experiences across a wide variety of channels and devices. While it’s not required you be expert in every field, you should have a working knowledge of content and digital strategy.
This could be the opportunity for you if:
· You have strong knowledge of information architecture, interaction design, user centered design, user research methodologies, and accessibility best practices.
· You have expert knowledge of user interface best practices and standards and support your recommendations with user and market research activities and findings.
· You are an excellent collaborator and enjoy working with other designers and developers to create award winning experiences.
· You are an active learner, strategic thinker, self-motivated and have experience within a digital company.
· You have a proven ability to work well on simultaneous projects within tight deadlines.
· Able to create useable, intuitive, and innovative experiences, communicating your rationale to team members and clients.
· You understand relevant marketplace and consumer and technology factors and can contribute at a high-level to the strategic approach of our clients.
· You can demonstrate developed UX solutions for a wide variety of platforms and devices.
· You consistently review the standard of work, ensuring that only work meeting the highest levels of quality are presented to the client.
Responsibilities may include:
· Involvement in and leading design activities on multiple projects, from market research to concept development, as a strong advocate for the end user
· Assisting team in a successful and on-time project delivery
· Presenting and articulating creative solutions to internal teams with confidence
· Planning and polishing project deliverables created by UX team
· Providing research oversight and direction for UX Analysts and Interaction Designers prior to review with Creative Director/UX Director and/or clients.
· Managing project thread and overseeing small project teams
· Leading brainstorming and research planning sessions
· Collaborating on project estimation and planning
· Leading advanced activities such as design workshops, rapid prototyping, and iterative user testing
Desired Skills and Experience:
· Proven written, verbal, conceptual and visual communication skills
· High-level understanding of technologies with the ability to weave that understanding together to make informed decisions
· Ability to create and present to internal teams and clients clean, detailed, deliverables with high production value. E.g., journey maps, flows
· Expert understanding of usability principles and user research methodologies
· Expert level of proficiency in tools such as Axure, InVision, Sketch, Omnigraffle, Optimal Workshop, and Survey Monkey.
· 5+ years professional experience
· 4-year+ degree, BA or BS in design, information sciences, HCI, or psychology
· Working knowledge of common software project management and development practices is a plus.
Please include a link to your online portfolio with your application in order to be considered. Strong preference for examples indicating your process.
We offer challenging and impactful jobs with professional career paths. All CapTechers can keep their hands-on technology no matter what position they hold. Our employees find their work exciting and rewarding in a culture filled with opportunities to have fun along the way.
At CapTech we offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to:
- Competitive salary with performance-based bonus opportunities
- Single and Family Health Insurance plans, including Dental coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term disability
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Training and Certification opportunities eligible for expense reimbursement
- Team building and social activities
- Mentor program to help you develop your career
CapTech is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a culture of equality, inclusion and fairness — each foundational to our core values. We strive to create a diverse environment where each employee is encouraged to bring their unique ideas, backgrounds and experiences to the workplace.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer directly (we are not open to contract or “corp to corp” agreements). At this time, CapTech cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be authorized to work directly for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
CapTech is a Drug-Free work place.
Candidates must have the ability to work at CapTech’s client locations.
All positions include the possibility of travel.
CapTech has not contracted/does not contract with any outside vendors in its recruitment process. If you are interested in this position, please apply to CapTech directly.