Enterprise Architect - Java
- Philadelphia, PA, USA
CapTech is a team of master builders, creators, and problem solvers who help clients grow efficient, successful businesses. We unite diverse skills and perspectives to transform how data, systems, and ingenuity enable each client to advance what’s possible in a changing world.
As perceptive partners, our U.S-based consultants find inspiration in the unknown and enjoy getting our hands dirty solving our clients’ myriad of challenges. Across industries and business goals, we fuse technical depth and analytical prowess with creative savvy to move clients forward. This drive helps each organization use technology, management, and insight to turn ideas into action. Together, we create outcomes that exceed the expected — which is one of the reasons we’ve been on the Inc. 500/5000 list for over a decade.
Enterprise Architects at CapTech are part of a capable, highly motivated community who strive to continuously learn and implement the appropriate tools and architectures to deliver innovative solutions for our clients. We design, develop, and deliver high-quality enterprise systems, as well as systems integrations and work in a project-based consulting environment.
CapTech architects enjoy a collaborative environment and have many opportunities to learn from and share knowledge with other developers, architects, and our clients. Our solutions include API-centric clients, microservice architectures, event-driven integrations, cloud deployments, serverless applications, and web and portal front ends.
Enterprise Architects at CapTech are often called on to perform technology assessments, form project strategies, and leverage their hands-on development skills. Architects also lead our technical teams.
Specific responsibilities for the Enterprise Architect position include:
- Create, evaluate and manage technical solutions to ensure client success
- Develop code hands-on in addition to enterprise architecture solutions
- Design, implement, integrate and support on-prem, cloud, and hybrid development
- Create roadmap and high-level design documentation, epics and stories
- Identify and communicate architectural / solution tradeoffs, for client specific solutions
- Display a working knowledge of different architectural frameworks that may be used by our clients
- Deliver development artifacts based on phased Agile SDLC
- Collaborate with cross-functional teammates to support business development by demonstrating CapTech’s technical capabilities
- Create technical project estimates and work plans
- Influence and guide professional development efforts for those at all levels, including teaching, coaching, and collaboration through project work and innovation challenges
- Enterprise-level experience with Java, its core libraries, and open-source frameworks
- Hands-on experience with software development, enterprise architecture, and directing technical teams
- Familiarity with microservice architectures, monitoring tools, databases, and containerization
- Demonstrated experience with DevOps practices
- Ability to think strategically and relate architectural recommendations to business needs and client culture.
- Extensive knowledge and application of Design Patterns
- Ability to communicate technical solutions with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Experience assessing the performance of software systems and implementing tools used to optimize performance
- Knowledge of enterprise cybersecurity best practices
We offer challenging and impactful jobs with professional career paths. All CapTechers can keep their hands-on technology no matter what position they hold. Our employees find their work exciting and rewarding in a culture filled with opportunities to have fun along the way.
At CapTech we offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to:
- Competitive salary with performance-based bonus opportunities
- Single and Family Health Insurance plans, including Dental coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term disability
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Training and Certification opportunities eligible for expense reimbursement
- Team building and social activities
- Mentor program to help you develop your career
CapTech is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a culture of equality, inclusion and fairness — each foundational to our core values. We strive to create a diverse environment where each employee is encouraged to bring their unique ideas, backgrounds and experiences to the workplace.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer directly (we are not open to contract or “corp to corp” agreements). At this time, CapTech cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be authorized to work directly for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
CapTech is a Drug-Free work place.
Candidates must have the ability to work at CapTech’s client locations.
All positions include the possibility of travel.
CapTech has not contracted/does not contract with any outside vendors in its recruitment process. If you are interested in this position, please apply to CapTech directly.