Senior User Experience Analyst
- Charlotte, NC, USA
CapTech is a team of master builders, creators, and problem solvers who help clients grow efficient, successful businesses. We unite diverse skills and perspectives to transform how data, systems, and ingenuity enable each client to advance what’s possible in a changing world.
As perceptive partners, our U.S-based consultants find inspiration in the unknown and enjoy getting our hands dirty solving our clients’ myriad of challenges. Across industries and business goals, we fuse technical depth and analytical prowess with creative savvy to move clients forward. This drive helps each organization use technology, management, and insight to turn ideas into action. Together, we create outcomes that exceed the expected — which is one of the reasons we’ve been on the Inc. 500/5000 list for over a decade.
CapTech’s Customer Experience (CX) team seeks a mid-level UX Analyst with a drive for user research and testing to ensure the development of engaging and usable experiences. Our UX Analysts are empathetic researchers who strive to ensure alignment between user goals, behaviors, and attitudes with business objectives, all while honing their craft and growing in their career. They stay up to date with the latest research tools and methods for understanding user behavior, and they approach additional training in these areas with curiosity and enthusiasm.
This could be the position for you if:
· You have a proven understanding of user research and usability testing methodologies, with strong analytic capabilities necessary to provide insights and recommendations based on those insights.
· You can run research activities across multiple projects.
· You are a self-motivated critical thinker, with the ability to provide well-reasoned ideas for all your engagements.
· You thrive in an environment that requires strong problem-solving skills.
· You enjoy collaborating with other Researchers, Interaction Designers, Developers, and Analysts.
· You have a proven ability to meet tight deadlines, with directional supervision, in a fast-paced and innovative environment.
· You have proven knowledge of user interface best practices and standards, and you can support your recommendations with user research and findings.
· Planning and executing various types of research and testing efforts, including moderated and unmoderated usability studies, surveys, card sorts, tree tests, etc.
· Leading the analysis of research and testing data
· Creating and presenting clean, informative, and concise presentations to clients and internal teams that communicate the research methods used, findings, and recommendations
· Helping to prepare whitepapers based on primary research conducted by CapTech
· Researching and providing overviews of credible reports from third parties
· Consulting with clients and team members on the benefits of research-backed user experience and interaction design
· Using your understanding of UCD to lead advanced activities such as design workshops, rapid prototyping, and iterative user testing
· Creating useable, intuitive, and innovative experiences, and communicating your rationale to team members and clients
· Collaborating on project estimation and planning
Skills and Experience desired:
· Strong written, verbal, and visual communication skills
· Ability to create clean, detailed, deliverables with high production value; e.g., personas, customer journey maps, user flows, wireframes, and prototypes
· Demonstrated proficiency in tools such as Optimal Workshop, UserZoom (Validately), SurveyMonkey, Sketch, InVision, and Axure
· Working knowledge of Agile product development lifecycles and practices is a plus
· Understanding of accessibility principles and assessment methods is a plus
· 3-5 years professional experience
· 4-year+ degree, BA or BS in Design, Information Science, HCI, or Psychology
Please include a link to online work samples with your application in order to be considered.
We offer challenging and impactful jobs with professional career paths. All CapTechers can keep their hands-on technology no matter what position they hold. Our employees find their work exciting and rewarding in a culture filled with opportunities to have fun along the way.
At CapTech we offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to:
- Competitive salary with performance-based bonus opportunities
- Single and Family Health Insurance plans, including Dental coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term disability
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Training and Certification opportunities eligible for expense reimbursement
- Team building and social activities
- Mentor program to help you develop your career
CapTech is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a culture of equality, inclusion and fairness — each foundational to our core values. We strive to create a diverse environment where each employee is encouraged to bring their unique ideas, backgrounds and experiences to the workplace.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer directly (we are not open to contract or “corp to corp” agreements). At this time, CapTech cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be authorized to work directly for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
CapTech is a Drug-Free work place.
Candidates must have the ability to work at CapTech’s client locations.
All positions include the possibility of travel.
CapTech has not contracted/does not contract with any outside vendors in its recruitment process. If you are interested in this position, please apply to CapTech directly.