- Richmond, VA, USA
CapTech is a team of master builders, creators, and problem solvers who help clients grow efficient, successful businesses. We unite diverse skills and perspectives to transform how data, systems, and ingenuity enable each client to advance what’s possible in a changing world.
As perceptive partners, our U.S-based consultants find inspiration in the unknown and enjoy getting our hands dirty solving our clients’ myriad of challenges. Across industries and business goals, we fuse technical depth and analytical prowess with creative savvy to move clients forward. This drive helps each organization use technology, management, and insight to turn ideas into action. Together, we create outcomes that exceed the expected — which is one of the reasons we’ve been on the Inc. 500/5000 list for over a decade.
CapTech’s Customer Experience (CX) team seeks a Visual Designer with a drive for designing intuitive, impactful, and accessible brand experiences. Our Visual Designers are passionate problem solvers who strive to create elegant and attractive solutions to complex business challenges, all while honing their craft and growing in their career. They stay up to date with the latest methods for designing engaging products and services, and they approach additional training in these areas with curiosity and enthusiasm.
This could be the position for you if:
- You possess strong conceptual and visual communication skills and have a solid understanding of interaction design and graphic design principles.
- You are a strategic, brand oriented product thinker, with the desire to provide highly creative ideas for all your engagements.
- You are comfortable working within brand guidelines but also extending the design vocabulary as needed to create more engaging and accessible designs.
- You are a self-starter, yet able to take feedback from clients and direction from Art Directors and Creative Directors, all while collaborating closely with project teams.
- You have a proven ability to meet tight deadlines, with supervision, in a fast-paced and innovative environment.
Responsibilities may include:
- Contributing to and creating personas, customer journeys, conceptual prototypes, and responsive interfaces that follow interaction design and usability best practices
- Creating clean, informative, and concise presentations to clients and internal teams that communicate the rationale behind your designs
- Consulting with clients and team members on the benefits of accessible experience and visual design
- Performing competitive brand assessments and providing innovative alternatives
- Researching and understanding technology trends
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Pixel-level attention to detail and ability to uphold and deliver work at the highest quality
- Proficiency in tools such as Sketch, Adobe CS (XD, Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign), InVision, and PowerPoint (for presentations)
- Experience with video editing, motion design, and designing for AR/VR are pluses
- Working knowledge of Agile product development lifecycles and practices is a plus
- Familiarity with accessibility principles and assessment methods is a plus
- 1-3 years professional experience
- 4-year+ degree, BA in Design, Fine Arts, or similar preferred
- Experience with motion graphics and video storytelling is a plus
Please include a link to your online portfolio with your application in order to be considered.
We offer challenging and impactful jobs with professional career paths. All CapTechers can keep their hands-on technology no matter what position they hold. Our employees find their work exciting and rewarding in a culture filled with opportunities to have fun along the way.
At CapTech we offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to:
- Competitive salary with performance-based bonus opportunities
- Single and Family Health Insurance plans, including Dental coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term disability
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Training and Certification opportunities eligible for expense reimbursement
- Team building and social activities
- Mentor program to help you develop your career
CapTech is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a culture of equality, inclusion and fairness — each foundational to our core values. We strive to create a diverse environment where each employee is encouraged to bring their unique ideas, backgrounds and experiences to the workplace.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer directly (we are not open to contract or “corp to corp” agreements). At this time, CapTech cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be authorized to work directly for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
CapTech is a Drug-Free work place.
Candidates must have the ability to work at CapTech’s client locations.
All positions include the possibility of travel.
CapTech has not contracted/does not contract with any outside vendors in its recruitment process. If you are interested in this position, please apply to CapTech directly.