Senior Interaction Designer
- Richmond, VA, USA
CapTech is a team of master builders, creators, and problem solvers who help clients grow efficient, successful businesses. We unite diverse skills and perspectives to transform how data, systems, and ingenuity enable each client to advance what’s possible in a changing world.
As perceptive partners, our U.S-based consultants find inspiration in the unknown and enjoy getting our hands dirty solving our clients’ myriad of challenges. Across industries and business goals, we fuse technical depth and analytical prowess with creative savvy to move clients forward. This drive helps each organization use technology, management, and insight to turn ideas into action. Together, we create outcomes that exceed the expected — which is one of the reasons we’ve been on the Inc. 500/5000 list for over a decade.
As the digital experience arm of a fast-growing and innovative technology consulting firm, we fuse insights, creativity, and technology to design and produce brand experiences that engage customers, generate business value, and enhance brand loyalty. The digital experiences we create not only win awards, they drive measurable value for our clients and deliver meaningful experiences for their customers and their lives. We are a group of user researchers, product designers, content strategists, experience architects, UI designers, and creative technologists who appreciate craft beer, drink too much caffeine, debate the virtues of cats vs. dogs, have divergent tastes in music, and are united by a passion for designing brand experiences that people actually want to use.
CapTech’s Customer Experience (CX) team seeks a Senior Interaction Designer with a drive for creating smart, intuitive, and accessible digital products and experiences. Our Senior Interaction Designers are passionate about problem solving and excel at creating elegant solutions for complex business problems. They display an advanced level of knowledge of interaction design best practices and can align business goals with user needs. They stay up-to-date on the latest tools, UX and design trends, and proactively seek additional learning and training in these areas.
This could be the position for you if:
· You have advanced level knowledge of experience strategy, competitive analysis, information architecture, task flows, user interface and interaction design, wireframing, prototyping
· You have worked as or have familiarity with the role of Product Designer
· You are self-motivated and a strategic thinker, exceling at providing highly creative ideas to all your engagements
· You thrive in an environment that requires strong problem-solving skills
· You enjoy collaborating with other Interaction Designers, Researchers, Developers, and Analysts
· You have a proven ability to meet tight deadlines, with some supervision, in a fast-paced and innovative environment
Responsibilities may include:
· Crafting innovative information architectures, task flows, wireframes, and prototypes that follow interaction design best practices
· Creating clean, informative, and concise presentations for clients and internal teams that communicate the rationale behind your designs
· Consulting with clients and team members on the benefits of user experience and design
· Keeping up with interaction and product design trends and applying them to your recommendations
· Researching and understanding technology trends
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Strong conceptual and visual communication skills
· Experience with visual design of UIs welcome but not required
· Ability to create clean, detailed, deliverables with high production value; e.g., flows, wireframes, prototypes, presentations
· Working knowledge of software development lifecycle and development practices is a plus
· Advanced proficiency in tools such as Sketch, Adobe CS, InVision, Axure
· 3-5 years professional experience
· 4-year+ degree, BA or BS in design, information sciences, HCI, or psychology
We offer challenging and impactful jobs with professional career paths. All CapTechers can keep their hands-on technology no matter what position they hold. Our employees find their work exciting and rewarding in a culture filled with opportunities to have fun along the way.
At CapTech we offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to:
- Competitive salary with performance-based bonus opportunities
- Single and Family Health Insurance plans, including Dental coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term disability
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Training and Certification opportunities eligible for expense reimbursement
- Team building and social activities
- Mentor program to help you develop your career
CapTech is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a culture of equality, inclusion and fairness — each foundational to our core values. We strive to create a diverse environment where each employee is encouraged to bring their unique ideas, backgrounds and experiences to the workplace.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer directly (we are not open to contract or “corp to corp” agreements). At this time, CapTech cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be authorized to work directly for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
CapTech is a Drug-Free work place.
Candidates must have the ability to work at CapTech’s client locations.
All positions include the possibility of travel.
CapTech has not contracted/does not contract with any outside vendors in its recruitment process. If you are interested in this position, please apply to CapTech directly.