Human Resources Business Partner
- Columbus, OH, USA
CapTech is an award-winning national management technology-consulting firm with an enterprising, entrepreneurial environment. We have achieved four straight years ranked in the Top 10 of Consulting Magazine’s Best Firms to Work For, including a #5 ranking overall in 2015. Additionally, we placed 28th within the Vault Consulting 50 for the second year in a row, including a #5 ranking in work/life balance.
At CapTech you’ll experience a flat organizational structure with access to constant learning -- where your career path isn’t set in stone, and you have unlimited potential for growth. CapTech is based upon a culture of mutual respect. We look for, and hire the best. The creatively innovative, the technically insightful, the driven, the self-managed, the value conscious, the caring, and the gracious person – these are all qualities that we look for along with a love and a passion for the work that we do.
CapTech is seeking a senior HR leader to join our Human Resources department and help deliver innovative and effective solutions. The successful candidate will help drive HR initiatives that make CapTech one of the “Best Firms to Work For.”
If you are an experienced HR professional looking for a rewarding new career, join the CapTech team in our Columbus, OH office location! In this position, you will play a key role on the HR team, supporting our growing business across multiple CapTech offices, so occasional travel will be required. The specific job responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with the team to drive strategic HR programs
- Act as an advisor/consultant for managers and employees regarding employee relations and performance issues
- Help manage the company’s employee development and performance management programs
- Aid in driving employee satisfaction and company retention programs
- Coach senior leaders on key areas such as leadership, teamwork, feedback, and employment strategy
- Provide oversight of employee policies and policy development; advise employees on correct interpretation
- Recommend new policies, as needed, to respond to new regulations and industry developments
- Facilitate HR sessions during onboarding
- Lead/present HR related training
Skills and attributes:
- Across our company, we look for individuals who are self-starters with a willingness and desire to learn
- Strong analytical, consultancy and organizational skills
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, including excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Results-oriented and driven to help others succeed
- Team player
- Flexible and able to adapt to quickly changing work environment.
- Ability to manage multiple issues concurrently
- Highly developed sense of customer service and interpersonal skills including high integrity and appreciation of diversity.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or relevant field required with 5+ years of progressive HR experience
- HR certification (SHRM/HRCI) preferred
- Management and/or IT Consulting experience is preferred
- Strong knowledge of human resources strategy, administration and emerging trends
- Experience in organizational development, employee relations and federal and state employment laws.
- Demonstrated success in advancing HR services which support the organizational growth
- Excellent attention to detail and communications skills that include writing, coaching, advising and presenting
- Excellent relationship management skills and ability to resolve issue with diplomacy and tact
- Results oriented, self-directed, excellent decision-making skills
- Must possess a highly developed sense of customer service and interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively adapt to change and ambiguity
We offer challenging and impactful jobs with professional career paths. All CapTechers can keep their hands on technology no matter what position they hold. Our employees find their work exciting and rewarding in a culture filled with opportunities to have fun along the way.
At CapTech we offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to:
- Competitive salary with performance based bonus opportunities
- Single and Family Health Insurance plans, including Dental coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term disability
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Training and Certification opportunities eligible for expense reimbursement
- Team building and social activities
- Mentor program to help you develop your career
At this time, CapTech cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be authorized to work directly for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer directly (we are not open to contract or “corp to corp” agreements).
CapTech is an equal opportunity employer.
CapTech is a Drug-Free work place.
All positions include the possibility of travel.
CapTech has not contracted/does not contract with any outside vendors in its recruitment process. If you are interested in this position, please apply to CapTech directly.