Senior DevOps Lead
- Columbus, OH, USA
CapTech is a team of master builders, creators, and problem solvers who help clients grow efficient, successful businesses. We unite diverse skills and perspectives to transform how data, systems, and ingenuity enable each client to advance what’s possible in a changing world.
As perceptive partners, our U.S-based consultants find inspiration in the unknown and enjoy getting our hands dirty solving our clients’ myriad of challenges. Across industries and business goals, we fuse technical depth and analytical prowess with creative savvy to move clients forward. This drive helps each organization use technology, management, and insight to turn ideas into action. Together, we create outcomes that exceed the expected — which is one of the reasons we’ve been on the Inc. 500/5000 list for over a decade.
As a Senior DevOps Lead you will be tasked with leading DevOps transformations for large and complex client environments. You’ll provide leadership to the DevOps Service Offering both locally and across CapTech’s Systems Integration Practice. Additional responses are outlined below.
- Perform DevOps assessments at the Enterprise level
- Defines strategy for DevOps advanced best practices
- Identifies and cultivates future DevOps leaders
- Provides thought leadership through internal and client experimentation as well as public facing methods such as webinars, blogs/articles, speaking engagements, etc.
- Connects DevOps capabilities to broader initiatives across CapTech
- Provides guidance for training and career development based on current trends
- Experience working with senior leadership to align DevOps capabilities with business strategy and objectives
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years’ experience working in IT with 4+ years’ in an Agile environment
- 3 to 4 years’ experience working as a DevOps technologist
- At least 4+ prior DevOps implementations architecting end to end Pipeline orchestration including
- Automated testing
- Quality Gates
- Prior experience leading Software Engineers
- Experience with source code management tools such as Subversion and Git
- Proficiency in cross-platform scripting languages and build tools (ANT, Artifactory, Groovy, Maven, MSBuild, Nexus, NuGet)
- Experience deploying and administering Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins, TFS, TeamCity or Bamboo
- Strong understanding and be experience operating in an agile development environment
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Must be self-directed and thrive in a fast-paced and collaborative culture
- Proven experience leading large complex DevOps transformations – moved from required
- Cloud DevOps Certification
- SAFE DevOps Certification
We offer challenging and impactful jobs with professional career paths. All CapTechers can keep their hands on technology no matter what position they hold. Our employees find their work exciting and rewarding in a culture filled with opportunities to have fun along the way.
At CapTech we offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to:
- Competitive salary with performance based bonus opportunities
- Single and Family Health Insurance plans, including Dental coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term disability
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Training and Certification opportunities eligible for expense reimbursement
- Team building and social activities
- Mentor program to help you develop your career
At this time, CapTech cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be authorized to work directly for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer directly (we are not open to contract or “corp to corp” agreements).
CapTech is an equal opportunity employer.
CapTech is a Drug-Free work place.
Candidates must have the ability to work at CapTech’s client locations.
All positions include the possibility of travel.
CapTech has not contracted/does not contract with any outside vendors in its recruitment process. If you are interested in this position, please apply to CapTech directly.