Enterprise Architect - Microsoft
- Chicago, IL, USA
CapTech is an award-winning national management technology-consulting firm with an enterprising, entrepreneurial environment. We have achieved four straight years ranked in the Top 10 of Consulting Magazine’s Best Firms to Work For, including a #5 ranking overall in 2015. Additionally, we placed 28th within the Vault Consulting 50 for the second year in a row, including a #5 ranking in work/life balance.
At CapTech you’ll experience a flat organizational structure with access to constant learning -- where your career path isn’t set in stone, and you have unlimited potential for growth. CapTech is based upon a culture of mutual respect. We look for, and hire the best. The creatively innovative, the technically insightful, the driven, the self-managed, the value conscious, the caring, and the gracious person – these are all qualities that we look for along with a love and a passion for the work that we do.
Microsoft Architects at CapTech are called upon to perform various responsibilities within CapTech’s Systems Integration practice area, usually in the context of a technology assessment, strategy formation, or a development project performed for a particular client. They often lead a team of developers and collaborate with experienced project managers, analysts, designers, and clients to architect and deliver vital internal and customer facing systems in partnership with a variety of Fortune 500 clients. Typically our Microsoft Architects have a broad understanding of many tools, technologies, and products, with some specialization in a few areas. Over time, these specialties may change due to industry transformation or a changing client profile, and as such, our architects have the opportunity to get hands-on experience with the latest technologies while working with passionate CapTechers solving complex problems across numerous industries.
Specific responsibilities for the Microsoft Architect position include:
- Oversee the technical decisions that must be made, work with client staff charged with architecture standards, and ensure quality of final results
- Perform productively at many levels, from the abstract world of enterprise architecture to the concrete day-to-day world of coding, in order to produce the final deliverable desired by the client
- Design, implement, integrate and support Microsoft platform solutions
- Create documents that specify strategy, assessment, or design in a way that delivers obvious value to the client and is understandable by any stakeholder
- Work closely with clients, subject matter experts and the CapTech team to understand requirements, establish priorities and project scope, and manage expectations and project delivery
- Articulate architectural differences between solution methods and the challenges and approaches to integrating solutions built on different platforms including a working knowledge of different architectural frameworks that may be used by our clients
- Define the technical and solution architecture for phased software development delivery
- Provide hands-on technical direction to other developers to review code and resolve issues
- Apply detailed knowledge of organizational procedures to make independent decisions and serve as a credible resource for the client’s senior management team
- Collaborate with CapTech business development team members during sales efforts to demonstrate CapTech’s technical capabilities, create a vision for a solution that CapTech can build, and create estimates and work plans
- Demonstrated Microsoft development experience over 5+ years with a broad range of development tools and technologies across the full project lifecycle:
- Expert in current software design practices including: object-oriented design, service-oriented architecture (SOA), Web Services (SOAP/XML), REST, model-view-controller (MVC)
- Familiarity with modern architectural trends
- Deep experience with Application Lifecycle Management practices such as unit testing, branching & merging, build automation, and continuous delivery cycles
- Experience with SDLC methodologies such as Waterfall, Scrum, XP, Kanban, and SAFe, and understanding of the various aspects applicable to managing a project
- Ability to think strategically and relate architectural decisions/recommendations to business needs and client culture
- Ability to discuss/debate architectural issues without rancor or personal investment.
- Ability to seamlessly modify communication based on the technical level of the target audience
- Desire to work in a team environment across organization functional boundaries
- Specific technical skills and/or the ability to learn and develop over time:
- Knowledge of how to assess the performance of software systems, how to diagnose performance problems, and tools used to monitor and tune performance
- Experience with Sitecore, Salesforce CRM, SharePoint or Azure is a plus
We offer challenging and impactful jobs with professional career paths. All CapTechers can keep their hands-on technology no matter what position they hold. Our employees find their work exciting and rewarding in a culture filled with opportunities to have fun along the way.
At CapTech we offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to:
- Competitive salary with performance-based bonus opportunities
- Single and Family Health Insurance plans, including Dental coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term disability
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Training and Certification opportunities eligible for expense reimbursement
- Team building and social activities
- Mentor program to help you develop your career
CapTech is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a culture of equality, inclusion and fairness — each foundational to our core values. We strive to create a diverse environment where each employee is encouraged to bring their unique ideas, backgrounds and experiences to the workplace.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer directly (we are not open to contract or “corp to corp” agreements). At this time, CapTech cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be authorized to work directly for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
CapTech is a Drug-Free work place.
Candidates must have the ability to work at CapTech’s client locations.
All positions include the possibility of travel.
CapTech has not contracted/does not contract with any outside vendors in its recruitment process. If you are interested in this position, please apply to CapTech directly.