- Columbus, OH, USA
CapTech is a national IT management consulting firm that bridges the gap between business and technology. We partner with some of the world's most successful companies to design, develop, and manage technical and digital solutions that delight customers, drive insights, and meet strategic objectives.
At CapTech, you’ll experience a flat organizational structure based upon a culture of mutual respect. Here, your career path isn’t set in stone, and you have unlimited potential for growth and the resources to help you achieve your career goals. If you are creative, technically insightful, driven–and have a passion for the work that we do, then you might be a future CapTecher.
For over five years, we have been in the Top 10 of Consulting Magazine’s Best Firms to Work For, including #2 for IT Firms and #5 for Work/Life Balance. We are also recognized by Vault.com’s Top 50 Consulting Firms and have been on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing companies for over 10 years.
Java Engineers at CapTech are part of an intelligent, highly-motivated community who strive to continuously learn the latest tools and architectures to deliver innovative solutions for our clients. They are involved in the design, development, and delivery of vital internal and customer-facing systems in partnership with Fortune 500 clients. CapTech engineers enjoy a collaborative environment and have many opportunities to learn from and share knowledge with each other, architects, and our clients. CapTech Java Engineers deliver solutions for customers that include API-driven clients, microservice architectures, event-driven integrations, cloud deployments, serverless applications, and web and portal front ends.
Specific responsibilities for the Java Engineer position include:
- Understand the challenges that need to be addressed and collaborate with team members and clients to deliver a technical solution that meets the unique needs of our clients.
- Create quality deliverables to communicate technical solutions to appropriate audiences.
- Leverage CapTech’s internal programs and self-directed training to continually develop industry relevant knowledge and skills.
- Provide technical mentoring and leadership to more junior resources.
pecific qualifications for the Java Engineer position include:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated progression and growth as a Java Engineer through past career experiences.
- Familiarity with multi-system integration and common issues that can arise when integrating enterprise technologies.
- Ability to create high quality documentation to present technical ideas and high-level solutions, and to communicate effectively to team members with varying degrees of technical knowledge.
- Understanding of performance testing and optimization techniques.
- High proficiency with development tools and workflows including modern source control systems, dependency management, test automation, and continuous delivery pipelines.
- Proficiency with modern features of the Java language.
- Experience with popular open source Java libraries and frameworks
- Familiarity with the creation and validation of web services using SOAP and REST.
- Experience with relational and NoSQL database technologies including Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, Cassandra, and MongoDB.
- Experience with containerization technologies including Docker and Kubernetes highly preferred.
- Working knowledge of other JVM-based languages (Kotlin, Scala) preferred.
- Familiarity with microservice architectures, design patterns, and monitoring tools preferred.
- Experience with traditional Java EE application server platforms such as WebSphere, WebLogic, and Wildfly
- Experience with standalone application platforms such as Spring Boot
- Experience with streaming platforms such as Apache Kafka preferred.
- Experience with data engineering platforms such as Apache Spark preferred.
- Familiarity with modern data patterns such as Event Sourcing and CQRS preferred.
- Working knowledge of UNIX/Linux, Windows, and scripting languages preferred.
- Experience with cloud providers such as Azure, AWS, and/or GCP a big plus.
We offer challenging and impactful jobs with professional career paths. All CapTechers can keep their hands-on technology no matter what position they hold. Our employees find their work exciting and rewarding in a culture filled with opportunities to have fun along the way.
At CapTech we offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to:
- Competitive salary with performance-based bonus opportunities
- Single and Family Health Insurance plans, including Dental coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term disability
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Training and Certification opportunities eligible for expense reimbursement
- Team building and social activities
- Mentor program to help you develop your career
CapTech is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a culture of equality, inclusion and fairness — each foundational to our core values. We strive to create a diverse environment where each employee is encouraged to bring their unique ideas, backgrounds and experiences to the workplace.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer directly (we are not open to contract or “corp to corp” agreements). At this time, CapTech cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be authorized to work directly for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
CapTech is a Drug-Free work place.
Candidates must have the ability to work at CapTech’s client locations.
All positions include the possibility of travel.
CapTech has not contracted/does not contract with any outside vendors in its recruitment process. If you are interested in this position, please apply to CapTech directly.