Head of Product, Content
- Recruitment type: Permanent
Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 170 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 8 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
About Content at Canva
Canva would not exist without content. Our templates, photos, fonts, stock media and more play a critical and pivotal role in empowering our users to design anything and publish anywhere. Content has far reaching business impact and is a key driver of user acquisition, retention and revenue
The Content Group is responsible expanding, amplifying & improving our content library of >130M elements & templates to drive engagement with our diverse user bases, and unlock new growth frontiers. This group is made up of our different content sources (in-house designers, creators, content acquisitions, and content partners), content review, content platform, and content experience. This role will lead the product efforts in this area and will be responsible for setting the strategy, roadmap, resource prioritisation, delivering against crazy big goals, and improving all aspects of the content journey.
What you’ll do (responsibilities)
- Build a world class content experience at Canva, from the platform and review aspects to content understanding, localisation and Creators a Content Partner experience. You will own the strategy and roadmap for your area, in close partnership with the GM and your Engineering and Design counterparts.
- Actively drive the strategy to build the world’s most diverse and enriched AI training data library.
- Collaborating with key product, design, marketing & operations stakeholders across the Supergroup and Canva to identify and deliver opportunities to amplify content and step change in content experience
- Build a great team: You will manage and lead a group of Product Managers working in the content space to deliver against our bold content goals & drive content engagement on Canva. The team is growing, and you’ll need to continue bringing world class talent to the team.
- Create a vision and define the future roadmap for your product area
- Building a more nuanced & efficient approach to our content production process to drive improved scale while maintaining content quality
What we're looking for
- You have relevant experience in the content and/or marketplace space at a high growth company with an international presence
- You have a good understanding of the industry's generative AI trend, common practices.
- You have a proven track record of collaborating and leading product teams effectively to deliver a complex roadmap
- You're someone who enjoys leading a team of amazing people to ship innovative solutions - and can point to an impressive record of doing so.
- You’re a strong communicator - can speak the language of engineering, data, design, operations and can coordinate cross-functionally with each to achieve big wins.
- You're someone who can generate insight based on vision, data and user feedback, clearly define a direction for a team and then execute in a fast-paced environment to deliver customer value and delightful experiences.
- You have an ownership mentality and high agency to get projects from concept to reality as quickly as possible! You move ideas from the chaos of brainstorming and mock-ups to the clarity of execution and impact.
- You have a proactive approach through initiating, owning & driving work from start to finish. You identify the opportunities where you can make the largest impact, and you see it through
- Highly organised with the ability to work under pressure and within set deadlines
- If you enjoy solving problems at scale, upholding high standards of excellence and integrity in the services you deliver then this could be the role for you!
- One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
If you enjoy solving problems at scale, upholding high standards of excellence and integrity in the services you deliver then this could be the role for you!
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
What you can expect to learn in the Canva Content Group:
- How to adapt to any situation in a hyper-growth environment where we are still developing the systems & process for operational excellence
- You’ll develop a great sensitivity to multicultural collaboration, which is necessary to build truly localised solutions.
- You’ll push the boundaries of what you think is achievable.
Here's a taste of the benefits at Canva:
- Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
- Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
- An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
- Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
We celebrate all types of skills and backgrounds at Canva so even if you don’t feel like your skills quite match what’s listed above - we still want to hear from you!
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.