Finance Business Partner, Infra & Cloud
- Recruitment type: Permanent
Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
FP&A is a force multiplier, accelerating Canva’s journey on its 2-step plan! Step One – to become one of the world’s most valuable companies; and Step Two – to do the most good we can!
Working closely with Business Leaders across the entire company, we bring our financial expertise to bear - enabling strategic decision making that drives top-line growth and strong profitability, plotting the path from goals to execution through financial planning, driving financial rigour and prudent investment, delivering key insights that lead to meaningful action, and increasing the efficiency of our operations.
The FP&A Cost of Revenue (CoR) team is a critical component to driving financial sophistication and rigour to Canva’s ongoing growth. Through deep understanding of strategy and goals, planning, execution and impacts, FP&A CoR will act as trusted business partners whose perspectives are valued and sought after in the decision-making process.
What you'll do
- You will maintain and strengthen the ongoing partnership between Finance and the Infrastructure, Platform, and Data business units.
- Partner closely with senior business leaders to forecast, track and manage spend
- Build modelling and conduct analysis to forecast spend and for procurement negotiations
- Lead planning discussions and project reviews to align on the financial impact of cost initiatives, providing larger picture view on margin impact
- Collaborate with the FinOps team to track and monitor Cloud Infrastructure spend, ensuring key initiative assumptions are accurate and efficiencies are incorporated into the forecast
- Identify and articulate linkage between operational activities and financial performance
- Present monthly financial outcomes, quarterly reviews, and annual budget outputs
- Effectively communicate and share financial literacy to non-financial stakeholders
We'd love it if you had
- Prior finance experience in a SaaS/technology business preferred, with a particular focus on Cloud Infrastructure finance (working knowledge of SaaS/Cloud business models)
- Experience in budgeting, financial forecasting and P&L management, as well as the ability to generate engagement with non-finance stakeholders.
- Experience with financial modelling and analysis tooling such as Excel, Power BI, Anaplan or Tableau.
- Commercial thinking that drives you to proactively identify opportunities and solve challenging problems.
- A strong ability to see the opportunity in a high change environment, and operate in ambiguity.
- Exceptional communication skills and team orientated mindset.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
We celebrate all types of skills and backgrounds at Canva so even if you don’t feel like your skills quite match what’s listed above - we still want to hear from you!
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.