Event + Marketing Internship - NYC
- 598 Broadway, New York, NY 10012, USA
As a New York City-based, M/WBE-certified event production company, we’re dedicated to creating big, bold, one-of-a-kind experiences. Cannonball is the fastest growing food and beverage events company in the country; we’re a small hands-on team with a huge opportunity to grow, learn, and be a key piece in the building of a very exciting and profitable business. Over the past few years, we’ve executed dozens of our tentpole and client events in 12 cities across the country that include: Bacon and Beer Classic; Taco Takeover; Thrillist; Etsy; Time Out; and more.
About Our Team
A dedicated team of foodies and adventurers, we live for delicious, heart-stopping fun. If we aren't exploring the latest Big Apple pop-up, exhibit or show, you can probably find us at happy hour, brainstorming some crazy new event concept over cocktails (and anything bacon-wrapped). In addition to our passion for events and new experiences, we bring together a diverse mix of perspectives and expertise, a commitment to hard work and integrity, and many years of experience. We offer a flexible time off policy and a strong, collaborative, positive company culture which we expect you will contribute to. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Event Research and Execution: Support production managers in multiple markets, assist in researching and sourcing local vendors, assist in executing events, assist with compiling event recaps, book travel for team, and organize and source photo/video assets
Social Media: Manage and engage with customers on social media accounts including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter. Pitch, edit, and produce highly – shareable, social-first content that drives new audiences to Cannonball through Facebook and Instagram Stories. Assist our Marketing Associate with daily engagement – we respond to every comment, tweet and DM!
- Press and Media Relations: Work with national press outlets, social influencers, food critics, judges to promote our festivals and be on-site for the event
Customer Experience: Maintain customer service emails and relationships, and ensure that our customers have the best brand experience possible
Digital Marketing: Be at the forefront of digital marketing trends and continually advise Cannonball on any new changes or ideas
- GPA of 3.3 or higher
- Knowledge of social media, including a mastery of trends and verbiage on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat
- Strong writing and copyediting skills in addition to creative, out of the box thinking and solid judgment
- Ability to take direction and work in a dynamic environment
- A positive, playful disposition (no haters)
- Discretion and a professional demeanor; sound judgment
- Strong communication skills
- Highly organized; keen attention to detail
- Dependable, punctual and resourceful
- You are passionate about events and care deeply about customer experience
- Bonus: Design experience with Adobe
You should be able to easily meet in the city at our office in NYC.
Benefits and Perks
Traveling the country for events; connecting with key contacts in the entertainment/hospitality/media industry; attending fun events/team outings; working closely with the CEO.
Spring Internship: Jan-May
Summer Internship: May-August
Fall Internship: August-November
If you are ready to join the party, please submit a resume and a cover letter on our jobs page. Please be advised that is a rolling recruitment, and that we will conclude the process once the right person has been selected for the job.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, we are only able to contact those who we decide to interview. No phone calls please.
Only candidates authorized to work in the US without any restrictions need apply.