Business Development Coordinator
- 30 Cooper Sq, New York, NY 10003, USA
It’s an exciting and fun time here at Cannonball! As a New York City-based, M/WBE-certified event production company, we’re dedicated to creating big, bold, one-of-a-kind experiences. Cannonball is the fastest growing food and beverage events company in the country, and the Sponsorship Team is largely responsible for our success. Some of our tentpole events and clients include: Bacon and Beer Classic; Taco Takeover; Whiskey Feast; and more.
About Our Team
A dedicated team of foodies and adventurers, we live for delicious, heart-stopping fun. If we aren't exploring the latest Big Apple pop-up, exhibit or show, you can probably find us at happy hour, brainstorming some crazy new event concept over cocktails (and anything bacon-wrapped). In addition to our passion for events and new experiences, we bring together a diverse mix of perspectives and expertise, a commitment to hard work and integrity, and many years of experience.
Cannonball is seeking a Business Development Coordinator dedicated to growing his or her skills while also making a splash here on our team. You will develop keen sales and events skills by joining our Sponsorship Team and assisting with outreach to hundreds of potential partners and sponsors. You will also gain hands-on experience building sponsorship proposals. We are seeking a passionate and hardworking person with a positive attitude who is highly social, excited about learning, and ready to give it 110%!
Sponsor Outreach and Onboarding:
Coordinating event sponsorships and partnerships
Generating sponsorship proposals
Act as promotional liaison between Cannonball and potential partners and sponsors
Own the lifecycle of sponsor and partner relations including initial outreach, building proposals, onboarding, correspondence leading up to event, post-festival follow-up, maintaining relationships
Comfortable in a sales position that includes cold-calling and pitching
The position requires a high proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel and Word
Research and support where necessary
● Previous sales or business development experience and have demonstrated success in that role
● Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to create strong presentations
● Comfortable on the phone pitching event in cold-call format with potential sponsors and partners
● You are a self-starter and can solve challenging problems on your own
● You are highly collaborative, fostering strong relationships across all parts of the business and must enjoy learning and sharing knowledge
● You are interested in learning more about events and/or the food and beverage industry
● Thorough research skills and ability to analyze and make suggestions based on findings
● Self-motivated and responsible worker; able to complete projects independently
● Creative, curious and entrepreneurial spirit; loves thinking of and executing new ideas
● Able to communicate Cannonball brand intelligently, professionally and effectively
● Bachelor’s degree (related degree with relevant work experience is a plus)
● Live in the New York City metro area
You should be able to easily meet in the city at our office in NoHo.
Benefits and Perks
Competitive salary; traveling the country for events; connecting with key contacts in the entertainment/hospitality/media industry; attending fun events/team outings; working closely with the CEO.
Full-time (contractor for the first 90 days, and thereafter with employee status)
Please include your resume and cover letter. Only those who are selected to interview will be contacted.