Director, Business Development
- Toronto, ON, Canada
CCI Recruitment Services is representing a client who is in market for a Director, Business Development based out of Toronto, ON.
Our client is a rapidly growing pre-Licenced Holder to process cannabis with a focus on the edibles market and is currently recruiting for a Director of Business Development based in Toronto, CCI has been fully retained to recruit for this opportunity.
Reporting to the CEO, as a senior leader within the company, the Director of Business Development will be responsible for developing strategies that will drive market share growth, champion an exceptional customer experience, and develop a sustainable competitive advantage within the developing cannabis industry in Canada. The Director of Business Development will be responsible for understanding overall client needs and aligning the companies service offerings to their goals and strategies.
This is an entrepreneurial role focusing on new business development and sales with global partners and customers. As the business is established, the Director of Business Development will build and manage a business development team.
The Director of Business Development should possess a high level of drive, energy and executive presence and will continuously improve efficiencies, processes, procedures and personnel in all areas of responsibility to keep pace with growth of company.
• Identify target markets and strategic partnership opportunities that will enable the company to reach its profitable growth objectives in collaboration with the CEO and COO
• Prepare and execute strategies and action plans to grow the companies’ presence in the Canadian cannabis market and position it as a leader and essential business partner across the country
• Lead internal activities with cross-functional groups focused on client growth and retention activities and new business development
• Grow and manage sales activity pipeline for new business through active sales and prospecting techniques
• On-going evaluation and development of the sales’ organizational structure
• Leverage analytics and market intelligence to develop and implement new ideas, concepts and collaborative approaches to growing market share.
• Developing quarterly and annual business development strategies to achieve sales growth targets
• Conceiving and curating a sales culture that encourages growth and development of each individual
• A combination of a solid background/education in business development
• MBA or MA Or, Solid industry experience and track record of success
• 10 years of relevant sales and or business development experience in the alcohol and beverage, consumer packaged goods, pharmaceutical industry, cannabis, or related field.
• Excellent project management, planning, organizational and interpersonal skills as well as outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
• High energy and self-directed with the ability to rapidly build relationships
• Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as leadership skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations is key
The compensation package is inclusive of a competitive base salary, annual bonus and a comprehensive benefits package.
CCI Recruitment Services, a division of Cannabis Compliance Inc, is Canada’s prominent recruiter within the high growth Cannabis Space.
Cannabis Compliance Inc is the world’s largest cannabis compliance consulting firm, which is privately owned and based in Canada. With over 90 full-time staff with expertise in cultivation, quality assurance, extraction, finance, sales, recruiting, education and security, our projects span the globe as cannabis regulation is adopted by international markets. As our clients are driven to excellence and exception, we provide complete support from product and facility design through to registration, manufacturing, testing, marketing, distribution, and beyond.