Credit Technician II
- 4010 Clay St, Point of Rocks, MD 21777, USA
Canam Steel Corporation is a major US manufacturer of open web steel joists and steel deck. The company participates in thousands of projects each year ranging from large distribution centers and high rise projects, to small retail centers. The steel joist business in the US dates back to 1986 as a partnership with Canam Group and our steel deck business was launched by an acquisition of the United Steel Deck brand in 2010. The Corporation currently operates six fabrication facilities, several sales and engineering offices, and employs approximately 800 people across the United States.
JOB SUMMARY: Processes all company waivers and release forms. Research all data for waivers including contract terms and language. This function must be performed in a manner that will result in quick turnaround for the customer payment cycle, CSC sound receivables, and the prompt conversion of receivables into cash with a minimum of past-due accounts. Due to COVID 19 this position is currently working remotely.
· Applies the Company’s Credit and Collection policies, practices and procedures to the Credit requirements
· Analyzes requests for waivers, plans and performs investigation of the information supplied by the customer for all waiver completion, including AR balances and change orders.
· Research and validate externally and internally all waiver data that benefits Canam from the Construction Lien Laws.
· Manage and update all Construction Lien laws as changes occur and /or are applicable to the specific projects.
· Submits waiver approvals beyond his/her authority to his/her immediate supervisor, with all necessary reports, data and analyses and his/her recommendation.
· Reconciles and submits for processing Vendor invoice related to NTO filings.
· Manages all audit requests for the credit dept.
· Has full authority within approved policies, procedures, standards, and defined limits on waiver matters within the defined area of responsibility. Deviations are subject to the approval of the Credit Manager/Director of Credit & Collections.
· Performs other job duties as assigned by supervisor
· 2-4 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience related to waivers and contract language in a construction/manufacturing environment
· Effective oral and written communication skills
· Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
· Computer skills to include: MS Excel, Word, Google
· Preferable – Paralegal experience or equivalent training