Project Management Manager
- 22253 W Southern Ave, Buckeye, AZ 85326, USA
Canam Steel Corporation is a major US manufacturer of open web steel joists and steel deck. The company participates in thousands of projects each year ranging from large distribution centers and high rise projects, to small retail centers. The steel joist business in the US dates back to 1986 as a partnership with Canam Group and our steel deck business was launched by an acquisition of the United Steel Deck brand in 2010. The Corporation currently operates six fabrication facilities, several sales and engineering offices, and employs approximately 800 people across the United States.
This position will provide overall direction and management for the project management team while assisting the team and managing complex projects for key customers to ensure the completion of projects on time and within budget.
Some of the essential functions include:
- Serve as primary contact to customers on projects with CSC joist and deck products as well as structural steel on certain projects.
- Establish and maintain schedules with regard to both drawings and delivery. Work with customer to ensure that internal schedule is consistent with job schedule and manage schedule changes both internally and externally
- Work closely with sales and accounting to establish and manage a schedule of values for progress billing, in accordance with AIA guidelines.
- Coordinate with structural steel subcontractors where CSC has the prime structural steel supply contract.
- Maintain project budget throughout each project, with profit and loss accountability
- Identify opportunities for change orders and establish cost through communication with sales, estimating and engineering where applicable.
- Prepare, issue and track change order status material, labor and services above and beyond the original contract.
- Review purchase orders and specifications on new jobs to ensure the work scope is consistent with the bid.
- Minimize job site and schedule problems wherever possible and minimize cost impact of potential back charges.
- Assignment of projects and workload to members of project management team.
- Ensure department achieves goals through KPI management and servant leadership mentality.
- Represent the project management team as required by the enterprise for corporate initiatives, collective scheduling reviews and process improvement activities.
Bachelor's degree in Business or Engineering preferred.
Five years project management/commercial sales experience in the non-residential construction industry.
Knowledge and understanding of building construction combined with steel design concepts presented on architectural and engineering drawings.
Ability to understand construction drawings and specifications
Ability to work with Microsoft Office Suite and G-Suite software with experience using a CRM platform.
- Standing for most of the shift, walking, use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Capable of lifting 50 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities include: close vision, distant vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Working near moving mechanical parts.
- May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
- Occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock.
- Noise in work environment is usually very loud.