- 4010 Clay St, Point of Rocks, MD 21777, USA
Canam Steel Corporation is a major US manufacturer of open web steel joists and steel deck. The company participates in thousands of projects each year ranging from large distribution centers and high rise projects, to small retail centers. The steel joist business in the US dates back to 1973 as a partnership with Canam Group and our steel deck business was launched by an acquisition of the United Steel Deck brand in 2010. The Corporation currently operates six fabrication facilities, several sales and engineering offices, and employs approximately 800 people across the United States.
Prepare simple, clear, complete and accurate steel joist and metal deck layout plans, sections, and bills of material from contract documents in accordance with customer’s requirements and industry practices and consistent with corporate mission, values and department objectives.
· Examine documents such as contract drawings, specifications, and change orders, to verify completeness and accuracy of data according to designer’s drawings;
· Prepare layout drawings for submission to customer for written approval;
· Generate bills of material for Canam products based on layout drawings and including loading and design requirements;
· Check accuracy and completeness of layout drawings and bills of materials generated by self as well as others;
· Issue final field use construction documents for use by the customer;
· Coordinate with steel erection drawings as required;
· Maintain job files in appropriate computerized file directory for access by other departments;
· Notify Project Management of any change in scope due to revised drawings or customer request and post changes to computerized or manual control records;
· Confer with document originators to resolve discrepancies and comply required changes of documents;
· Incorporate and compile any possible adjustments or changes made necessary by revised documents;
· Confer with and provide customer support throughout the erection process. See that layout has been updated per customer’s instructions using approved drawings. Confer with customers on unanswered questions on drawings;
· Use computer associated drafting (AutoCAD) equipment and software;
· Maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in an effective manner with customers, coworkers, clients and supervisors;
· Perform other job duties as assigned by supervisor.
· Associates Degree in drafting or a related field;
· Drafting experience in steel construction preferred;
· Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures, specifications, governmental regulations, drawings and job specifications;
· Ability to write routine reports and correspondence;
· Ability to speak effectively with customers.
Constant exposure to computer display and general office equipment. Occasionally exposed to shop environment.
2000 West Main Street
Washington, Missouri 63090-1008
Serious candidates must pass a pre-employment drug screen and undergo a criminal background check. We appreciate your interest in our company however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.