- 9 Unytite Dr, Peru, IL 61354, USA
Canam Steel Corporation is a major US manufacturer of open web steel joists and steel deck. The company participates in thousands of projects each year ranging from large distribution centers and high rise projects, to small retail centers. The steel joist business in the US dates back to 1986 as a partnership with Canam Group and our steel deck business was launched by an acquisition of the United Steel Deck brand in 2010. The Corporation currently operates six fabrication facilities, several sales and engineering offices, and employs approximately 800 people across the United States.
Starting wage is $15.00 per hour with increases during your first year, earning up to $18.00/per hour. We offer attendance bonuses, as well as profit sharing; all major holidays off paid. This is a first shift position with most weekends off! Come join a great team today!
- Operate roll forming machine, using basic knowledge of computerized machine functions, machine set-ups and operation.
- Cross-trained on at least one other equipment operation (welders, benders or shear).
- Operate overhead cranes.
- Identify and report defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor.
- Attach appropriate labels and tags to products.
- Load products on flatbed trucks.
- Produce top quality product.
- Meet customer delivery requirements.
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean orderly condition.
- Work safely and follow company safety policies.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor including, but not limited to, cleaning, scrap removal and other production-related jobs.
- High School Diploma or GED, preferred.
- Basic knowledge of the English language.
- Ability to read measurements accurately.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Some experience preferred in the operation, troubleshooting and repair of production machinery in an industrial manufacturing environment.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out written and oral instructions.
- Standing for most of the shift, walking, use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Capable of lifting 50 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities include: close vision, distant vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Working near moving mechanical parts.
- May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
- Occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock.
- Noise in work environment is usually very loud.