- 4010 Clay St, Point of Rocks, MD 21777, USA
Canam Steel Corporation is a major US manufacturer of open web steel joists and steel deck. The company participates in thousands of projects each year ranging from large distribution centers and high rise projects, to small retail centers. The steel joist business in the US dates back to 1986 as a partnership with Canam Group and our steel deck business was launched by an acquisition of the United Steel Deck brand in 2010. The Corporation currently operates six fabrication facilities, several sales and engineering offices, and employs approximately 800 people across the United States.
Summary of Qualifications: Detail-oriented, self- motivated mid-level accounting professional who strives to contribute education and work experience for the betterment of the company and its various departments. Strong analytical and communication skills combined with high moral and ethical standards are must-have attributes.
· Prepares timely monthly financial statements and other financial-related reports.
· Enters journal entries and reconciles general ledger accounts.
· Collection, validation, and analysis of data to determine impact of business activities including: raw material purchases, inventory levels and turnover, labor and overhead costs, overall product gross margin, and analysis of applied and actual labor with variance analysis.
· Applies theories and concepts related to cost accounting and is able to explain variances occurring within a job cost financial environment.
· Interprets financial reports and requirements to provide recommendations to management.
· Furnishes management with guidance pertaining to the organization’s financial processes and day to day operations.
· Reviews proper revenue recognition and profitability at project level.
· Ensures Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and appropriate accounting control procedures are maintained.
· Coordinates the resolution of policy and accounting issues arising in the preparation of financial statements.
· Assists in external audits, physical inventories, and budgeting and forecasting activities.
· Supports the financial planning and analysis team with various reporting as requested.
· Assists in preparing reports to local, state, and federal agencies in accordance with regulations, to include annual reports and government census.
· Performs other job duties as assigned by supervisor.
· 4-year degree in accounting or finance preferred.
· Minimum of 2 years accounting experience.
· Knowledge of GAAP, applicable laws, and regulations.
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
· Effective interpersonal and communication skills to interact with all levels of personnel.
· Good organizational and mathematical skills to assure timely goal completion and accurate record reporting.
· Must be able to make independent decisions based on previously developed practices and procedures.
· MS Office skills required, including Excel and Word - Experience with Oracle Financial Systems a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.