- 4010 Clay St, Point of Rocks, MD 21777, USA
Canam Steel Corporation is a major US manufacturer of open web steel joists and steel deck. The company participates in thousands of projects each year ranging from large distribution centers and high rise projects, to small retail centers. The steel joist business in the US dates back to 1986 as a partnership with Canam Group and our steel deck business was launched by an acquisition of the United Steel Deck brand in 2010. The Corporation currently operates six fabrication facilities, several sales and engineering offices, and employs approximately 800 people across the United States.
JOB SUMMARY: Works closely with senior team members, providing administrative support to the Credit Department including day to day operations and general office administrative functions.
·Verifies and enters credit data from all project documents for manager review/approval.
·General Administrative duties assisting Credit Managers answering phones, composing and typing routine correspondence, mailing letters and processing UPS packages.
·Prepare bank deposits, posts AR cash receipts and run weekly AR reports for the Credit Managers.
·Process and investigates credit applications, industry trades and bank information and runs D&B reports for all new and existing customers.
·Update current customer files and pulls information and documents to satisfy audit regulations.
·Interact daily with customers, Canam staff and credit agencies in processing credit requirements for new and existing projects.
·Process credit card transactions and monthly reconciliations.
·Maintains a positive work atmosphere and communicates in an effective manner with all internal and external customers.
·Performs support functions for all Credit Managers and other job duties as assigned by supervisor.
· High School education or GED required, Associates Degree preferred.
· 2-3 years of experience in accounts receivable/credit/collections is desirable, with specific experience in construction/manufacturing.
· Ability to speak effectively and have good oral and written communication skills.
· Ability to follow explicit directions, set priorities, and meet deadlines
· Proficiency with MS Excel, Word and Blue Beam. Knowledge of Oracle, Outlook and SAP desired.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.