- Jackson St, Jacksonville, FL, USA
Canam Steel Corporation is a major US manufacturer of open web steel joists and steel deck. The company participates in thousands of projects each year ranging from large distribution centers and high rise projects, to small retail centers. The steel joist business in the US dates back to 1986 as a partnership with Canam Group and our steel deck business was launched by an acquisition of the United Steel Deck brand in 2010. The Corporation currently operates six fabrication facilities, several sales and engineering offices, and employs approximately 800 people across the United States.
Direct and coordinate maintenance activities of the facility, rolling stock and production equipment in a safe and efficient manner consistent with corporate mission, guiding principles and financial objectives.
· Schedule preventive maintenance and coordinate with production and operations.
· Assist in developing and implementing the capital planning, plant equipment procurement and installation, design and operations needs of the facility.
· Manage the activities of the contractors and vendors.
· Maintain MicroMain and Oracle spare parts inventory.
· Perform troubleshooting and repairs on electrical/mechanical systems.
· Analyze, troubleshoot, and repair equipment — overhead cranes, roll formers, press brakes, and resistance welders. Assist with the servicing and repairing of more complex equipment.
· Coordinate and supervise activities of personnel, determining specific work assignments.
· Ensure availability of materials, anticipating requirements and reordering.
· Interface with production, plant manager and scheduling as needed.
· Ensure work environment is safe by following prescribed guidelines.
· Administer the consistent and equitable application of company policies.
· Direct scheduling of maintenance/production requirements to ensure optional performance.
· Ensure employees receive proper training on company equipment as required by OSHA Regulations.
· Ensure repairs and maintenance to all equipment and facilities are performed in neat workmanship-like manner.
· Ensure all work is performed and completed in conformance with any related codes, guidelines or standards established by a manufacturer or regulating body.
· Plan, coordinate, and direct installation of new equipment and plant expansions.
· Other responsibilities include: interviewing, hiring, and training employees, planning, assigning and directing work. Appraising performance, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
· Ensure safety of all employees through proper training and instruction.
· Perform other job duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Associate’s Degree or Trade License preferred.
- Five years of experience in a manufacturing plant.
- Experience with overhead cranes, roll formers, shears, conveyors, press brakes, inert gas welders, and resistance welders or similar equipment.
- Hands-on ability to teach and demonstrate the servicing and repairing of equipment.
- Experience in LEAN principles and Six Sigma preferred
- Knowledge and ability to work safely in a production environment and is comfortable immediately addressing safety issues
- Knowledge of electrical, mechanical, and hydraulic systems and controls
- Preferred Certified Maintenance and Reliability Professional (CMRP)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.