- 14 Harmich Rd, South Plainfield, NJ 07080, USA
Canam Steel Corporation is a major US manufacturer of open web steel joists and steel deck. The company participates in thousands of projects each year ranging from large distribution centers and high rise projects, to small retail centers. The steel joist business in the US dates back to 1986 as a partnership with Canam Group and our steel deck business was launched by an acquisition of the United Steel Deck brand in 2010. The Corporation currently operates six fabrication facilities, several sales and engineering offices, and employs approximately 800 people across the United States.
We are seeking Machine Operators to join our operation.
Shift - 7 am - 3:30 pm
Responsibilities include -
- Operate overhead cranes, and perform daily operator inspections.
- Load products on flatbed trucks.
- Operate forklift
- Assist welders, benders, loaders and/or line production.
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean orderly condition.
- Work safely and follow company safety policies.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor including, but not limited to, cleaning, scrap removal and other production related jobs.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Ability to read measurements accurately.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Some experience preferred in the operation of production machinery in an industrial manufacturing environment.
- All hires are contingent on successful drug screen and background screen.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.