- 4010 Clay St, Point of Rocks, MD 21777, USA
Canam Steel Corporation is a major US manufacturer of open web steel joists and steel deck. The company participates in thousands of projects each year ranging from large distribution centers and high rise projects, to small retail centers. The steel joist business in the US dates back to 1986 as a partnership with Canam Group and our steel deck business was launched by an acquisition of the United Steel Deck brand in 2010. The Corporation currently operates six fabrication facilities, several sales and engineering offices, and employs approximately 800 people across the United States.
:Direct, supervise, and coordinate production in assigned area through assignment of duties and personal skills; ensure that production safety, quality and volume meet production goals.
· Plan, supervise, direct and engage in daily production operations and anticipate production problems, (i.e., material shortages, equipment malfunctions, rush orders, etc.) such that loss of work hours is minimized and production and quality objectives are achieved.
· Utilize skills, work hours, materials and work flow to achieve production and quality objectives; exchange timely information with other supervisors on interdepartmental product flow and work force needs.
· Instruct, train, orient, motivate and otherwise assist employees so that safety, quality and production objectives are achieved.
· Participate in the selection/interview process to fill worker positions and appraise employee performance. Recommend promotions, transfers and work assignments.
· Provide information or otherwise assist others in their efforts to initiate efforts aimed at effecting cost reductions, work simplification or improvements in methods or equipment.
· Responsible for the implementation of all safety policies and procedures, including housekeeping practices, awareness of hazardous conditions; respond to employee injuries, issuing medical authorization forms, investigating accident causes and recommending means to prevent accident re-occurrence.
· Keep employees informed of the company rules and regulations, and production and quality expectations. Issue warnings and other approved disciplinary measures when necessary. Encourage employee communication and endorse an open door policy.
· Maintain professionalism and stay abreast of new developments through publications, vendors and in-house management training.
· Other responsibilities include: interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work. Appraising performance, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
· Recommend overtime and control costs.
· Perform other job duties as assigned by supervisor.
· Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school. Experience may substitute for education.
· Five (5) years experience in the Steel Industry required.
· Have received Leadership/Management Skills Training, Safety Training, etc. (preferred).
· Possess computer skills to include: MS Excel, Word and Lotus Notes (Minimum)
· Must be able to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to production or productivity problems;
· Able to effectively manage time including work schedules, events, programs and other activities.
· Posses the ability to communicate information and ideas effectively.