- 4010 Clay St, Point of Rocks, MD 21777, USA
Canam Steel Corporation is a major US manufacturer of open web steel joists and steel deck. The company participates in thousands of projects each year ranging from large distribution centers and high rise projects, to small retail centers. The steel joist business in the US dates back to 1986 as a partnership with Canam Group and our steel deck business was launched by an acquisition of the United Steel Deck brand in 2010. The Corporation currently operates six fabrication facilities, several sales and engineering offices, and employs approximately 800 people across the United States.
· Responsible for the timeliness, accuracy and completeness of all financial reporting, including but not limited to, income statement, balance sheet, statement of cash flows, and all associated consolidated reports and notes to the financial statements.
· Assists Corporate Controller and CFO in analyzing and presenting financial data for use by decision-makers at all levels of the organization from plant level to managers and officers of the Company.
· Responsible for ensuring that accounting policies and procedures are in place to provide reasonable assurance that the company assets are protected.
· Serves as liaison to external auditors and other compliance authorities.
· Monitors, improves, and communicates controls over accounting transactions, reporting, systems, and policies and procedures.
· Effectively researches and communicates technical guidance and supports all company entities with compliance to authoritative rules and regulations.
· Assists and supports the annual budget and quarterly forecasting processes.
· Supervises and encourages growth of staff knowledge and talent.
· Performs other job duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting;
· Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred;
· Seven (7+) plus years of progressive experience in accounting for multiple entities; and/or,
· Five (5+) years of public accounting with exposure to Corporate environment preferred;
· Computer skills to include intermediate to advanced proficiency with Microsoft 365; and,
· Strong communication skills – verbal/interpersonal and written/presentation
Demonstrated skills servant leadership and people development
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.