- 4010 Clay St, Point of Rocks, MD 21777, USA
Canam Steel Corporation is a major US manufacturer of open web steel joists and steel deck. The company participates in thousands of projects each year ranging from large distribution centers and high rise projects, to small retail centers. The steel joist business in the US dates back to 1986 as a partnership with Canam Group and our steel deck business was launched by an acquisition of the United Steel Deck brand in 2010. The Corporation currently operates six fabrication facilities, several sales and engineering offices, and employs approximately 800 people across the United States.
We are looking for self-motivated and safety-conscious candidates who would like to join our production team.
Tack Welder (Assembler):
Place and tack weld steel component parts to fabricate finished products including steel joists and girders on a fast-paced assembly line. Must be able to learn to tack weld.
Perform fillet welds on pre-assembled products on a fast-paced assembly line. Must be able to weld.
Operate various machines including shears, presses, punches, benders, etc. to prepare raw material for assembly. Must manually handle and maneuver large pieces of steel to load machines.
- Ability to pass background check, pre-employment physical and drug screening test.
- Regular, reliable and punctual attendance with the ability to work overtime and weekends when necessary.
- Must be able to regularly lift and carry, or move up to 50 pounds.
- Works independently and/or as a cooperative team player.
- Willingly takes direction from supervisory and lead personnel.
- Adheres to quality procedures and demonstrates strong safety awareness and prevention.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.