- Les Cèdres, QC, Canada
- Base Location: Les Cedres (Quebec)
Canadian Helicopters is a diversified company providing helicopter charter, maintenance support and flight training services. Canadian Helicopters has been operating rotary wing aircraft since 1947 and is the largest helicopter operator in Canada with 25 locations across the country and a fleet of close to 100 single and twin-engine aircraft.
Canadian Helicopters has authorization for day/night, VFR/IFR, and NVG operations. The company provides transportation services to a variety of industries including emergency medical services, hydro, oil and gas, mining, environmental, recreational, police, and military, and has a diverse project portfolio with operations in a variety of challenging and austere environments including Arctic/Antarctic, mountainous and desert environments.
We currently have a challenging career opportunity for a Shipping clerk at our head office located in Les Cèdres near Vaudreuil-Dorion.
- Pack all aeronautical products to be shipped in accordance with industry standards in order to ensure that no damage occurs in transit and that all dangerous goods and similar type regulations are adhered to;
- Prepare shipping documentation using a computer; in accordance with the Company’s policies and procedures, regulatory and suppliers’ directives;
- Identify aeronautical products and ensure their traceability by tagging or other suitable means of all aeronautical products in accordance with the Company stated policies and procedures;
- Measure package dimensions verify weight and calculate volume;
- Determine the best routes and transportation to ship the products according to deadlines and costs by performing computer searches and phone calls;
- Ensure that received packages are conformed to company policies;
- Handle aeronautical products and use a forklift when required;
- Make deliveries;
- Ensure the cleanliness of the shipping and receiving areas;
- Carry out any other duty, as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent experience;
- The following qualifications are assets: shipping experience, knowledge of shipping by different transportation modes, dangerous goods transportation knowledge, customs procedures knowledge and experience in aeronautics;
- Bilingualism (French and English spoken and written);
- Demonstrated computer skills and ability to use MS Office software’s (Word, Excel);
- Ability to easily learn new software and do internet research;
- Ability to perform calculations;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to changing priorities;
- Good organizational skills and attention to details;
- Autonomy, initiative and ability for teamwork;
- Ability to lift and move loads up to 50 to 75 pounds;
- Ability to use a forklift (training will be offered);
- Valid driver’s licence and access to a car;
- Ability to obtain the Controlled Goods Authorization.
Schedule: The work schedule is 40 hours a week from Monday to Friday, during the day. In addition to the regular schedule this position involves participation in a 24 hrs ground-based equipment (AOG) hotline duties on a rotational schedule and periodic overtime if required.
We offer a flexible benefits program that include a complete dental and medical protection, life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance and a pension plan.
Canadian Helicopters Limited is committed to employment equity and diversity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
For more information we invite you to visit our website: www.canadianhelicopters.com
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://ca.linkedin.com/company/canadian-helicopters-limited