Chief Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (AME) - CFTS
- Southport, MB R0H 1N1, Canada
- Base Location: Southport (Manitoba)
Canadian Helicopters is a diversified company providing helicopter charter, maintenance support and flight training services. Canadian Helicopters has been operating rotary wing aircraft since 1947 and is the largest helicopter operator in Canada with 25 locations across the country and a fleet of close to 100 single and twin-engine aircraft.
Canadian Helicopters has authorization for day/night, VFR/IFR, and NVG operations. The company provides transportation services to a variety of industries including emergency medical services, hydro, oil and gas, mining, environmental, recreational, police, and military, and has a diverse project portfolio with operations in a variety of challenging and austere environments including Arctic/Antarctic, mountainous and desert environments.
We currently have an exciting career opportunity in our Southport, Manitoba, DND training & Maintenance support facility for a Chief Aircraft Maintenance Engineer.
Reporting to the Vice President and Director of Maintenance, the CFTS Chief Engineer responsibilities includes:
- As the Canadian Helicopters (CHL) on-site representative ensure the CHL AMO is compliant with the FTU maintenance agreement;
- Ensure compliance with the KF Aerospace Defence Programs MCPM;
- Provide aircraft status updates to KF Aerospace Defence Programs;
- Provide oversight to the shared Stores department;
- Liaise with the KF Aerospace Defence programs planner;
- As the rotary wing SME, review applicable ADs and SBs using KF Aerospace’s Q-pulse system;
- Manage aircraft maintenance;
- Promote and develop team and company synergies with both internal and external stakeholders;
- Organize crew resources;
- Oversee organization and housekeeping of the hangar facility.
- Shall be holder of a valid Transport Canada M1 and/or M2 rated AME licence;
- Shall hold or have previously held Aircraft Certification Authority (ACA) on the Bell 206 and/or Bell 212 and/or Bell 412 for at least five (5) years;
- Previous experience on multi-engine IFR aircraft in a military environment would be considered an asset;
- Shall possess excellent organizational skills;
- Demonstrate excellent communication and leadership skills;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office;
- Be customer focused and a team player;
- Be able to obtain access to controlled goods approval.
We offer a flexible benefits program that include a complete dental and medical protection, life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance and a pension plan. Partial relocation assistance may be provided under certain conditions.
Canadian Helicopters Limited is committed to employment equity and diversity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
For more information we invite you to visit our website: www.canadianhelicopters.com
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://ca.linkedin.com/company/canadian-helicopters-limited