Retail Visual Merchandising Lead
- Theatinerstraße 12, Munich, Germany
Canada Goose isn't like anything else. We’ve built something great, something special – an iconic lifestyle brand with an inspirational and authentic story. At the heart of it is our promise to inspire and enable all people to thrive in the world outside. To Live in the Open. At Canada Goose, you’re part of a movement that belongs to something bigger. One that seeks out the restorative power of nature and is driven by a purpose to keep the planet cold and the people on it warm. We endure any condition, observe every detail, and are building a community that believes in living bravely and coming together to support game-changing people.
Here, opportunities are everywhere – to try something new, to learn, to do meaningful and impactful work, and they’re yours for the taking.
Summary of Position:
The Physical Retail VM Lead is accountable for creating and providing an outstanding customer experience that exemplifies the authenticity of Canada Goose. They will have oversight of all visual merchandising across Germany, Italy and the Netherlands including both Retail and Wholesale Shop in Shops.
You will assist in the execution of the plans and strategies developed by the Global Visual Merchandising team and the Store Management teams. As an impactful visual and verbal storyteller, the VM Lead will be key in pioneering product performance across stores and wholesale.
Consumer perception will be at the heart of all decision making, driving brand vision with a view that all actions will positively impact the delivery of short-term Commercial KPIs and the long-term Commercial Strategy.
Visual Merchandising & Operational Excellence:
- Being a leader in creating our level of Store Experience for our consumers and taking responsibility of visual direction of the store and Shop in Shops with the support of our Store VM’s, using Visual Merchandising directives provided by the global VM team.
- Be present and offer support in the execution of large-scale visual plans and projects including window installs, overnight floor flips and photographer visits.
- Invest time in developing creative and insight-driven visual plans for seasonal floor flips, as well as plans designed to accelerate product diversification across ‘opportunity’ products and categories.
- Use your keen eye for detail to maintain expectations among store team on visual excellence and standards.
Store Sales Performance:
- Analyze product performance and depth on an ongoing basis and react accordingly – keeping up to date with latest trends, commerciality, and marketing activations.
- Be able to inform and coach management and store VM on in-the-moment merchandising based on sell through results.
- Play your role in collating consumer insights and sharing them with cross-functional business partners to ensure that consumer-centricity is deep-rooted throughout the organization.
- Acknowledge the holistic commercial or elevation needs specific to each store or account, leveraging your influence on product and visuals to accelerate convergence towards a Performance Luxury / Lifestyle positioning.
- Seek visual and Brand consistency across Retail and Wholesale doors, allowing for diversification when appropriate to drive KPIs and corporate priorities.
- Drive corporate priorities through strategic initiatives in Visual direction.
- Contribute to a positive store environment when visiting stores through effective communication, Teamwork and partnership with VM, Brand Ambassadors and Store Management team.
- Support and facilitate the training across Retail and Wholesale to ensure VM’s and Brand Ambassadors have the proper understanding of product and brand history.
- Working together to build an effective way to communicate that enables us to share our ideas, inspire each other and hold each other accountable.
Experience, Education and Designations:
- Minimum of 3 years visual merchandising within a Luxury / Premium Brand
- Proven track record of in store merchandising.
- Experience working with affluent and luxury brands is an asset.
- Able to work at a fast-pace during high-traffic periods, but also during slower-paced periods
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office, including but not limited to Excel and PowerPoint
- Commercially aware, performance and insight driven
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced and team orientated environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self motivated, able to work independently and know when to seek guidance.
- Proficiency in another language is an asset.