Associate Product Developer
- 250 Bowie Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Canada Goose isn't like anything else. We’ve built something great, something special – an iconic lifestyle brand with an inspirational and authentic story. Our purpose-based platform HUMANATURE and philosophy that humans are a part of nature and nature is a part of us informs everything we do. From the materials we use to the products we make, everything is meticulously crafted and built to last. At Canada Goose we endure any condition, observe every detail, and take the long view in order to keep the planet cold and the people on it warm.
Here, opportunities are everywhere – to try something new, to learn, to do meaningful and impactful work, and they’re yours for the taking.
The Associate Product Developer is responsible for assisting in the development of new and existing styles. The Associate PD provides general support in creating and updating Bill of Materials (BOMs) and manuals through all stages of development. Additionally, this role supports the Product Development team in all stages of the product development process including measuring garments, fittings, style comments, and prototype reviews.
This role requires a high level of communication with various global vendors as well as cross-departmental collaboration coupled with strong project management and timeline skills.
- General support in creating and updating Bill of Materials (BOM) and Manuals
- Assist in the creation of new tech packs from initial development through to Bulk Production (including sketches, bill of materials, measurement pages, proto request, etc.); communicate all updates to internal and external partners as directed by the manager
- Assist in maintenance of carryover tech packs each season, and ensure that updates are communicated to internal and external partners as directed by Manager
- Review and measure completed prototypes for accuracy of established fit intent, as well as established quality and construction standards
- Attend style reviews and fittings with Product team partners
- Support in creation, distribution and updates to style specification and comment packages and communication to internal partners and external offshore vendors as directed
- Assist the Product Development team in establishing and validating construction of assigned styles in execution of design intent, functionality and margin target
- Participate in prototype and sales sample reviews with Quality Assurance team, Manufacturing and PIC.
- Support and assist in mock up requests needed for Product Integrity and Compliance testing.
- Awareness of product calendars and important dates: deliver completed tasks on time at each stage of the development process, take initiative when required as well as demonstrate flexibility as needed
- Support manager with offshore development by partnering with Design, Material Development and Sourcing teams to execute development of vendor-provided raw materials
- Support sample room in collection of trims, if required
- Facilitate in the shipping and receiving of samples and raw materials between the company and offshore vendors/partners.
- Support sample reservation in the collection of samples for Marketing and Sales teams, if needed
- Contribute to process improvement by sharing feedback and ideas
- All duties assigned by the manager
Experience, Education and Designations:
- 2-4 years of working experience within an apparel development/design role or a related position
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion Design considered an asset
- Experience in any of the following is considered an asset; sweaters, knitwear and/or accessories
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Computer Skills; including proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe Illustrator
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative to achieve departmental and corporate objectives
- Knowledge of line merchandising and product construction
- Strong time management and multitasking skills
- Ability to work as a team and maintain a high level of professionalism and discretion
- Office and Manufacturing environment