- 250 Bowie Ave, Toronto, ON M6E 2R9, Canada
Canada Goose isn't like anything else. We’ve built something great, something special – an iconic lifestyle brand with an inspirational and authentic story. Our purpose-based platform HUMANATURE and philosophy that humans are a part of nature and nature is a part of us informs everything we do. From the materials we use to the products we make, everything is meticulously crafted and built to last. At Canada Goose we endure any condition, observe every detail, and take the long view in order to keep the planet cold and the people on it warm.
Here, opportunities are everywhere – to try something new, to learn, to do meaningful and impactful work, and they’re yours for the taking.
Canada Goose is seeking an individual with a blend of exceptional user experience design skills, rich UX design best practice knowledge, a strong quantitative and qualitative research approach, strategic thinking and passion to create intuitive, elegant and scalable ecommerce & omni channel journeys with a customer centric mindset.
We’re looking for someone who facilitates decision making, through a collaborative and feedback-encouraged environment that considers needs across stakeholders. They’ll demonstrate excellent communication skills, have a high level of autonomy and thrive in a fast-paced and frequently changing environment.
- Stay current on emerging trends in user-centered methodologies, ecommerce best practices, accessibility, inclusive design and UI design patterns
- Have a deep understanding of end-to-end iterative UX deliverables including personas, information architecture, user flows, journey maps, lo and hi-fi wireframes
- Provide expert-level UI design and functional prototypes that are responsive and optimized for a wide range of screen sizes
- Ability to deliver visual annotations and functional specifications for development handoff
- Take part in UX research methods such as usability testing, design thinking workshops, A/B testing and data analysis to drive insights and constantly improve the user experience of the Digital Canada Goose ecosystem
- Think strategically and explore different design concepts around the implementation of features
- Visualize concepts quickly and cleanly and clearly communicate design rationale to team members and stakeholders with persuasion and confidence
- Work collaboratively with product, engineering, marketing, analytics and other teams to synthesize feedback into meaningful experiences
- Manage the cross-functional communication and expectation from inception to implementation while acting as an advocate for Canada Goose users & customers
- Develop, grow and maintain the Canada Goose design system and it’s components to be used as the single source of truth for all web designs
Experience, Education and Designations:
- Background and education in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, Graphic Design/Software Design or related academic stream
- 4+ years in the industry working on the full life cycle of complex, transactional products with extensive mobile experience
- Proficient technical knowledge of ecommerce technologies, User-Centered Design, Agile methodology and web development
- All candidates must provide a portfolio with examples demonstrating experience in creating UX design solutions that is based on findings from user research, UCD principles, and best practices. Examples would ideally show the evolution from low to high fidelity prototypes / mock-ups.
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- Passionate about the intersection of digital design and interactive technology, with a strong knowledge of ecommerce best practices
- Comprehensive knowledge of WCAG and AODA accessibility standards
- Good interaction chops, an eye for quality design and ability to think through product strategy
- Strong skills with modern design and prototyping tools. We use Figma
- Experience in building and maintaining design systems and component libraries
- Experience with Usertesting.com and other usability testing platforms
- Experience coding in HTML, CSS and motion graphics is a plus
- Interest in fashion is an asset
- Office environment