Business Analyst, Commercial
- 250 Bowie Ave, Toronto, ON M6E 2R9, Canada
Canada Goose isn't like anything else. We’ve built something great, something special – an iconic lifestyle brand with an inspirational and authentic story. Our purpose-based platform HUMANATURE and philosophy that humans are a part of nature and nature is a part of us informs everything we do. From the materials we use to the products we make, everything is meticulously crafted and built to last. At Canada Goose we endure any condition, observe every detail, and take the long view in order to keep the planet cold and the people on it warm.
Here, opportunities are everywhere – to try something new, to learn, to do meaningful and impactful work, and they’re yours for the taking.
The Business Analyst, Commercial elicits requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, business analysis, task reviews and workflow analysis in the following Commercial business areas: Retail, eCommerce, Omni, and Wholesale. The Business Analyst critically evaluates information gathered from multiple sources, reconciles conflicts, decomposes high-level information into details, abstracts upwards from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguishes user requests from the underlying true needs. This individual develops requirements specifications according to standard templates; produces, maintains and interprets workflow diagrams; collaborates with internal and third-party developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical or functional vision and analyzes trade-offs between usability and performance needs; and develops requirements traceability matrices, test cases and test scripts where needed.
- Gather requirements from multiple sources and distill those requirements into a single set of documented needs
- Translate global and local business needs into application and operational requirements in the areas of Retail, eCommerce, Omni and Wholesale
- Collaborate with business users to understand their challenges and solve those challenges by leveraging business systems and technology
- Work closely with software developers, project managers, and systems testers to translate business requirements into successful technical deliveries
- Identify business processes, roles within those processes, and develop workflow diagrams with multiple swim lanes using Microsoft Visio or other industry standard tools
- Develop business requirements documents, requirements traceability documents, test cases and test scripts using Microsoft Office or other industry standard tools
- Understand Commercial Systems including eCommerce Platform, Retail POS, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Systems, Order Management Systems and Product Information Management required by apparel and/or discrete manufacturing firms thoroughly enough to hit the ground running
- Make recommendations about products and features that would support a positive, secure, and efficient customer experience
- Partner with the product teams to monitor and evaluate processes and KPIs to improve customer experience and business outcome
- Work to become a subject matter expert and perform functions for urgent, high visibility, high profile, and strategic projects to ensure accuracy and completeness while meeting challenging deadlines for multiple projects
- Develop and contribute to enterprise process standards to continuously improve quality, and to ensure consistency, efficiency, and effectiveness
- Participate in reviews of architecture, design, and quality assurance work products to identify conflicts and ensure consistent implementation of business and functional requirements.
- Support the release of new products and services and provide Tier 3 production support as needed
- Develop key project documents including business case, executive summary, cost/benefit analysis, business requirements, process/usage flow, specifications, solution matrices, and wireframes – using diagrams, flowcharts, Word documents, and other assets
Experience, Education and Designations:
- University Degree in relevant field
- 5 or more years of experience in Retail industries
- 5 or more years of experience with Commercial Systems: eCommerce Platform, Retail POS, Salesforce Commerce Cloud, and Order Management Systems; Nice to have: Microsoft D365 and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Systems.
- 5 or more years of business process mapping experience
- 5 or more years of business requirements analysis experience
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- Effective communicating skills within multiple levels of a global matrix organization
- Strong analytical and project documentation skills, delivering detailed business requirements and test cases for systems enhancements
- Support business transformation by implementing new and enhancing existing commercial infrastructure
- Support modern business intelligence stack and normal business reporting technology
- Work within an organization where sales order management, inventory management, customer data management, product data management and procurement are mission critical processes
- Working closely with Commercial teams to ensure operational ERP information flows flawlessly into the main systems
- Work closely with business stakeholders to develop and enhance order, customer, inventory and product data/information flows across commercial properties
- Work within a global organization and understanding the challenges that are presented by multiple languages, currencies and cultures
- Possess a working knowledge of the ITIL processes including Incident Management, Change Management, and Release Management
- Develop reports and being able to understand Commercial system tables enough to write simple to moderately complex SQL for performing database queries
- Office environment, initially remote
- Business Travel Requirements –up to 10% to local or international sites