Manager, Media & Digital Marketing
- 250 Bowie Ave, Toronto, ON M6E 2R9, Canada
Canada Goose isn't like anything else. We’ve built something great, something special – an iconic lifestyle brand with an inspirational and authentic story. Our purpose-based platform HUMANATURE and philosophy that humans are a part of nature and nature is a part of us informs everything we do. From the materials we use to the products we make, everything is meticulously crafted and built to last. At Canada Goose we endure any condition, observe every detail, and take the long view in order to keep the planet cold and the people on it warm.
Here, opportunities are everywhere – to try something new, to learn, to do meaningful and impactful work, and they’re yours for the taking.
The Manager, Media & Digital Marketing is responsible for the strategy, planning and end-to-end execution of full funnel media and digital marketing activities in Canada. This role requires a keen understanding of how digital marketing and upper funnel brand media work together to breakthrough with new and high value audiences. You manage performance marketing and brand media programming with a local agency partner and work collaboratively with cross-channel partners on Team Canada. You are critical in driving a 360 media and digital strategy that grows the business and creates affinity for the brand in Canada, while supporting regional sales and eCommerce goals through bottom funnel activities. You are passionate and knowledgeable about the power of digital marketing and understand how to create brand media activations that drive awareness and affinity. You’re an innovator and constantly seek new ways to tell strong brand stories in the paid media space.
While your role focuses on the Canadian business, you work within a global matrix and collaborate with regional leaders to align local programming to the global strategy.
- Support the development and deployment of the short and long-term 360 media strategies for Canada
- Lead 360 digital marketing executions in the Canadian market
- Manage the strategy and execution of all Canadian performance media, brand media, media partnerships, and local agency relationship
- Ability to help forecast revenue, ROAS and Sessions as they pertain to quarterly goals
- Provide insights and expertise on the local email strategy to support ecommerce goals in partnership with the Sr. Community Specialist
- Partner with Central Digital Marketing team to deliver SEO optimization for Canadian site in both English and French
- Partner with the Ecommerce team in NA to delivery relevant on-site content and campaigns for our Canadian guests
- Support Basecamp (Canada Goose Community) database growth through Lead Generation campaigns and consult on overall program acquisition activities
- Create and maintain regional web landing pages for local campaigns and store pages
- Partner closely with Central and Regional eCommerce and Planning teams to optimize sales opportunities to support Commercial goals
- Focus on creating the optimal customer journey from discovery to conversion, through post-purchase, unique to the needs of a Canadian consumer
- Seek out impactful brand media opportunities to drive earned coverage and disrupt the Canadian media landscape
- Responsible for bringing digital trends, insights and ideas back to the Canadian marketing team and inspiring best-in-class digital leadership across the team
- Develop and manage a media budget based on commercial and brand goals that deliver programs designed to maximize ROI and breakthrough with target audiences.
Experience, Education and Designations:
- An undergraduate degree or equivalent education and experience
- 6-7 years experience developing and managing 360 media programs
- 1-2 years experience managing email marketing programs
- 2+ years specializing in digital marketing
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- Exceptional skills in 360 media program development, with an expert understanding of digital marketing, brand media, website management, email marketing, web analytics tools, search, engine marketing (SEM), display media, social media and search engine optimization (SEO)
- Experience leading cross functional teams to deliver creative and content deliverables
- Deep understanding of digital marketing best practices and proven experience in building programs that result in customer acquisition, retention and growth
- Ability to pull data from web analytics tools (one or more of GA, Webtrends, Omniture)
- Experience using a CMS and an understanding the impact on SEO
- Deep understanding of 360 media strategy and the full funnel consumer journey
- Strong independent decision-making, organizational, planning and problem-solving skills fueled by urgency to achieve results
- Strong writing, interpersonal and communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and committed to a high degree of accuracy
- Demonstrated creativity and ability working in a fast-paced environment with a high degree of change
- Entrepreneurial spirit and egoless nature with a “let’s make it happen” attitude
- Embraces continuous improvement by proposing better ways of doing things
- Follows through consistently on work commitments and stops at nothing to deliver exceptional results
- Media agency experience is an asset; ability to manage an agency partner is required
- Computer Skills: Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook, Google Analytics, Power BI tools