Manager, Finance Operations
- 250 Bowie Ave, Toronto, ON M6E 2R9, Canada
Canada Goose isn't like anything else. We’ve built something great, something special – an iconic lifestyle brand with an inspirational and authentic story. Our purpose-based platform HUMANATURE and philosophy that humans are a part of nature and nature is a part of us informs everything we do. From the materials we use to the products we make, everything is meticulously crafted and built to last. At Canada Goose we endure any condition, observe every detail, and take the long view in order to keep the planet cold and the people on it warm.
Here, opportunities are everywhere – to try something new, to learn, to do meaningful and impactful work, and they’re yours for the taking.
The Manager, Finance Operations will provide critical support, guidance and financial analysis to the operations team and the finance department on strategic business decisions. This position will lead a team that will work closely with business stakeholders in Supply Chain, as well as Manufacturing Operations to establish business requirements and priorities, develop and monitor KPIs, while partnering throughout the forecasting, budgeting, and month-end process.
- Experienced business partner to operations senior management; seen as a trusted advisor who provides solutions to existing and emerging supply chain, manufacturing, and financial issues and opportunities
- Work collaboratively with Manufacturing Operations, particularly the Supply Chain team to establish annual budget and forecast recommendations
- Develop logistics metrics and financial dashboard; analyze KPIs including ROS, cost per touch against financial results and forecasts; present findings to the finance department and operations management team and makes recommendations
- Provide and improve management reports with both financial and non-financial data that is relevant for operations senior management to assess performance of Operations
- Make recommendations and ensure the current capabilities of Anaplan are continuously improved to enhance forecasting strategies and supporting business needs
- Work closely with finance team members to assist in the accruals process including preparation of journal entries, as well as analyze and prepare monthly financial reports to ensure accuracy in financial performance reporting
- Provide quantitative and qualitative analysis and support for strategic business decisions
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Ensure the domestic and global freight and warehousing accruals are timely and appropriately accounted for.
- Develop processes to streamline the accounting for warehousing expense and balance sheet management
- Support Demand Planning in developing a monthly inventory outlook
- Manage the Supply Chain P&L and Balance Sheet elements during monthly close
- Effectively communicate with commercial business units regarding expense variances vs budget & forecasts, including working with domestic and global teams to highlight risk and opportunities and mitigation strategies
- Provide regular council and mentorship to analysts on the team
- Supervise 1-2 analysts directly or indirectly
- Provide support to the Supply Chain team, Corporate Accounting, and Business Unit Finance teams as needed
Experience, Education and Designations:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance related field
- 6-10 years of relevant experience in a financial planning and analytical role
- Experience in global supply chain / logistics environment
- Advanced Microsoft Excel is required and experience in data analytics software (i.e. PowerBi, Domo, Tableau, etc.) is an asset
- Experience with building complex models, business cases and sensitivity analysis
- Knowledge and experience in standard cost accounting is preferred
- Strong ERP and financial planning software experience (i.e. SAP, D365, Anaplan, etc.) is an asset
- High level of critical thinking and analysis to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts, with continuous improvement mindset
- CPA or MBA strongly preferred