QA Cutting Room Coordinator
- 1450 Mountain Ave., Winnipeg, Ontario, Canada
Canada Goose isn't like anything else. We’ve built something great, something special – an iconic lifestyle brand with an inspirational and authentic story. Our purpose-based platform HUMANATURE and philosophy that humans are a part of nature and nature is a part of us informs everything we do. From the materials we use to the products we make, everything is meticulously crafted and built to last. At Canada Goose we endure any condition, observe every detail, and take the long view in order to keep the planet cold and the people on it warm.
Here, opportunities are everywhere – to try something new, to learn, to do meaningful and impactful work, and they’re yours for the taking.
At Canada Goose, we are committed to producing the best extreme weather outerwear in the world. We have been manufacturing innovative, high quality outerwear in Canada for over 50 years. From South Pole research facilities and the Canada High Arctic to the streets of New York City, Stockholm, Paris, Toronto and Tokyo, people wear our products because of our reputation for quality, functionality and style.
Ask Anyone Who Knows.
The Quality Assurance Cutting Room Coordinator is responsible for comprehensive inspections for cut goods, collecting data, creating reports and sharing reports with different stakeholders. The QA Cutting Room Coordinator follows Raw Materials performance standards, procedures, and audit controls to meet QA department and CG business requirements and must be capable of multi-tasking while working in a team environment to perform tasks cross-functionally. The role holder will work collectively with the warehouse, cutting room and Raw Materials Teams.
- Perform daily cutting room inspections and analysis.
- Collect data and provide updated reports to all stakeholders on a weekly basis.
- Identify and communicate critical issues as they pertain to Raw Materials to all stakeholders in a timely matter.
- Communicate with appropriate teams on any critical issues and provide feedback to production team to ensure corrective actions are taken to improve quality.
- Support and Educate the cutting room by using an advanced knowledge of Raw Materials CG standards.
- Inspect, record and approve recuts.
- Ensure the pattern pieces reflect the cut pieces during inspection.
- Provide regular feedback to QA RM Supervisor regarding cut goods quality performance
- Respond to Quality Assurance issues with related departments to find solution and to continuously improve the performance of quality policies and procedures.
- Continuous cross-departmental support to manufacturing, warehouse, contractors and QA.
- Must be proactive and take accountability for assigned projects.
Experience, Education and Designations:
- 2 years of experience in the Apparel Industry.
- Degree in Fashion/Textiles Manufacturing preferred.
- In-depth fabric knowledge is an asset.
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- Strong MS Office skills.
- Excellent written and verbal English skills.
- Strong knowledge of garment construction and patternmaking.
- The understanding of manufacturing process in the garment industry specifically in cutting procedures.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to prioritize, operate proactively, work as a team and handle challenges.
- Excellent common sense, decision-making abilities, interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Ability to evaluate options and generate solutions.
- Confident, articulate, organized, detail oriented, goal oriented, self-motivated and hard working.
- Must be flexible due to scheduling challenges and multi-tasking.
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs. on a daily/regular basis.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to work in a noisy factory environment
- Manufacturing Cutting Room Environment