- 250 Bowie Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Canada Goose isn't like anything else. We’ve built something great, something special – an iconic lifestyle brand with an inspirational and authentic story. Our purpose-based platform HUMANATURE and philosophy that humans are a part of nature and nature is a part of us informs everything we do. From the materials we use to the products we make, everything is meticulously crafted and built to last. At Canada Goose we endure any condition, observe every detail, and take the long view in order to keep the planet cold and the people on it warm.
Here, opportunities are everywhere – to try something new, to learn, to do meaningful and impactful work, and they’re yours for the taking.
We know good people are hard to come by so we would love to hear from you regardless of how much experience you have. We are interested in hearing from passionate and motivated Pattern Makers at all levels - Junior to Senior level.
Create, update, and maintain patterns from the initial design through all levels of prototypes to bulk production. Work closely with Product Developers and Designers to capture a superior fit, design concept and high standard of construction. Adhering to seasonal schedules and production calendar.
- Create and maintain patterns in Gerber system; complete all required changes and updates of patterns through all stages of style development.
- Partnering with Design to fully understand style construction details, styling intent, fit and proportions.
- Ensure products are engineered to Canada Goose’s Quality and Manufacturing standards.
- Measure all garments to create style documentation, following Canada Goose’s internal manuals.
- Ensure brand integrity, size and fit are consistent within the product category.
- Work closely with sample makers to ensure understanding of the construction of each specific garment.
- Ensure accuracy of all the patterns prior to release of the style to production.
- Provide feedback to Design and Product Developers on construction challenges, recommend alternatives or improvements, ensure the pattern, BOM and Sketches are updated accordingly.
- Arrange reviews with Product Developers of garments to discuss style, fit and construction to effectively create garments meeting Canada Goose standards.
- Create and manage mockups in a timely manner when required.
- Provide patterns to Grading, Marker Making, QA and Production Departments, working closely to ensure that all details are understood.
Experience, Education and Designations:
- University Degree/College Diploma in Fashion Arts, with technical/ patternmaking emphasis.
- Grading experience is an asset.
- Experience in patternmaking, preferably in outerwear.
- CAD pattern drafting experience is required. Gerber Accumark experience is an asset.
- Experience with the 3D Design Software is an asset.
- Knowledge of Illustrator and Photoshop is an asset.
- Must be proficient with MS Outlook.
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- Ability to work from initial design, from first prototype sample through to bulk production.
- Must have a solid understanding of fabrics, garment construction and fit, including the ability to fit on live models and translate to flat pattern.
- Self-motivated, team player, reliable, and dedicated and diligent.
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Must be able to communicate with fellow coworkers, as well as contractors and suppliers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to be able to communicate garment fit and construction techniques to both internal staff as well as outside factories.
- Strong understanding of body shapes & fit is a must.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment while meeting the demands of many different departments (Production, Product Development, Cutting, Quality Assurance).
- Able to meet extremely tight deadlines.
- Office & Manufacturing environment
- Travel to other manufacturing locations and technology conferences when required < 5%