- 1455 Mountain Ave, Winnipeg, MB R2X 2Y9, Canada
Born in the North
Canada Goose was born in the Arctic, where the difference between life and death, quite literally, hangs by a thread. It’s the only place where we can fully understand the what the meaning of “cold” really is, and it’s why we do what we do. But it’s not for everyone. Some call the Arctic landscape relentless. Dark, dangerous and uninviting. We call it home. It’s also home to the people of the North – the foremost experts in cold. Just as the Italians know knits and the British know wool, northern communities know parkas. Like us, they embrace living off the land and have a strong and meaningful respect for nature. We honour them, never losing sight of the wisdom we can learn from their patience, resilience and deep connection to all that surrounds them.
Our Purpose - We inspire and enable all people to engage with the outside world.
At Canada Goose, nature is our North Star. We aren’t simply linked to nature – we’re guided and inspired by it. Our connection to the environment compels us to design functionally superior products so people can immerse themselves in the outside world. Our first parkas were made for northerners, those living in the coldest places on Earth. Today, our products continue to be designed for the extreme outdoors, but they’ve also been adapted for all aspects of modern life – past the four walls that shelter us and beyond our everyday experiences. Whether you’re crossing the rugged terrain of Antarctica or commuting in rush-hour during a downpour, we endure any extreme, observe every detail, and take the long view to make clothing that enables everyone to live out there, wherever “out there” is for them.
Our Core Belief - Greatness Is Out There
Canada Goose is more than a company that makes best-in-class outerwear. We’re a community that’s propelled forward by one core belief: greatness. Greatness has driven us to where we are today, and it’s always been at the heart of Canada Goose. It’s a journey, not a destination. Whether that means honouring traditional methods of craftsmanship, supporting explorers around the globe, or enabling people to discover more about the world, we’re moving towards something bigger than ourselves. Greatness is about making possibilities limitless, and creating your own definition of what it means to you here at Canada Goose.
- Spread and cut lays according to markers provided by Marker Making department
- Cut fabric by hand, with electric hand-held cutting machines
- Maintains daily records of spreading and cutting
- Notify supervisor of mechanical malfunctions
- Inspect machinery to determine whether repairs are needed
- Confer with the supervisor to obtain information about orders, processes, or problems
- Keep work space and equipment clean and well organized
- Perform proper preventive maintenance as required on any equipment being used
- Follow all safety guidelines and uses required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Education, Qualifications and Experience:
- 2-5 years’ experience in the garment cutting industry
- Knowledge of apparel construction and mass production principles an asset
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- Ability to read markers and spread fabric to maximize fabric usage
- Strong initiative to consistently meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a noisy, fast paced factory environment
- Ability to comprehend and follow job safety guidelines
- Skilled in the use of required machines (spreaders) and electrical tools (straight knife cutter, and Gerber cutter)
- Able to perform preventative maintenance to machine, tools/equipment
- Ability to do repetitive tasks for long periods of time, while standing
- Excellent eyesight and the ability to detect subtle differences among rolls of fabric (shading), and detect fabric flaws
- Manufacturing environment
- Standing for extended periods of time