Senior Data Developer
- 250 Bowie Ave, Toronto, ON M6E 2R9, Canada
Canada Goose isn't like anything else. We’ve built something great, something special – an iconic lifestyle brand with an inspirational and authentic story. Our purpose-based platform HUMANATURE and philosophy that humans are a part of nature and nature is a part of us informs everything we do. From the materials we use to the products we make, everything is meticulously crafted and built to last. At Canada Goose we endure any condition, observe every detail, and take the long view in order to keep the planet cold and the people on it warm.
Here, opportunities are everywhere – to try something new, to learn, to do meaningful and impactful work, and they’re yours for the taking.
The Sr. Data Engineer plays a central role in the design, development, and delivery of data sources, models and reports for Canada Goose’s global users. This employee will work cross functionally with business intelligence, product, and engineering teams to build scalable infrastructure and data solutions. You will apply cloud-based Azure services to solve challenging problems around: big data processing, data warehouse design, and enabling self-service. You will focus on automation and optimization for all areas of Data Lake/ETL maintenance and deployment. As a senior the individual will be working with the Team lead to analyze requirements and design a solution. They will also help other developers follow best practices when it comes to dataset development and tool usage.
- Design and develop data sets and models to address the reporting and integration needs of the business
- Design and develop data transformation to manage and curate data for consumption
- Develop and manage data availability via endpoints like the Datalake and Datawarehouse
- Prepare datasets for Power BI reporting
- Solution data pipelines for various application integration needs
- Support production issues based on team leads directions
- Create and maintain data flow and architecture diagrams
- Help mentor Jr. team mates on the use of various data services and tools
- Ensure all data solutions are adhering to recommended best practices and standards
- Work with team lead and BA in the process of discovery, design solutions and estimate the work involved in the delivery of different projects and tasks
- Participate and contribute to monthly knowledge share sessions
Experience, Education and Designations:
- A post-secondary education in Computer Science or Information Management or relevant experience
- At least 6 + years of experience as a Data Engineer, BI or in a similar role
- MS Azure Certifications Preferred
- Experienced Azure Data engineer with proven expertise in Azure Data Factory, Azure Sql DB, Azure Synapse, Azure Blob Storage and Azure Datalake involving data ingestion and transformation solutions.
- Design and build pipelines to ingest data from source systems and data transformation using Azure Data Factory into Azure Data Lake.
- Hands on development Design and Develop applications using Azure ADF Databricks.
- In depth understanding of Azure cloud and Data lake and Analytics solutions on Azure Work with the SMEs to implement data strategies build data flows.
- Good exp. in Spark SQL and PySpark.
- Very strong and clear in ETL/ELT concept.
- Strong Professional Experience with TSQL.
- Experience with data visualization tools like Power BI.
- Provide Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing solutions and support by leveraging project standards and leading analytics platform on Azure Cloud Platform.
- Experience doing complex queries and transformations on large data set.
- Experience working with Star Schema and Kimball Methodologies
- Brand Ambassador for promoting continuous technical improvements and innovations
- Strong organizational, writing, interpersonal and communication skills
- Possess excellent time and project management skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a high degree of change
- A team player who builds strong relationships based on trust and integrity
- Usually work regular business hours, but will require evenings and weekends during peak periods
- Work in offices, manufacturing facilities, environmentally controlled server rooms
- May require travel to local or international sites, conferences and/or seminars